Chicken Pot Pie. Check Out Chicken Pie Recipe on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! First, pour the cider into a medium saucepan, along with the carrots, bay leaf, sprig of thyme and some salt and freshly milled black pepper.
Remove the vegetables from the liquid and set aside. This Creamy Chicken pot pie with puff pastry and vegetables is comfort food bliss! Read on to find out how to ensure you don't get a soggy bottom! You can cook Chicken Pot Pie using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie
- You need 1 Cup of Cooked Chicken.
- You need 1 Can of Chicken Soup.
- It’s 1 Cup of Vegetables of your choice (I used mushrooms and broccoli).
- It’s 1 package of puff pastry.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Shredded Cheese.
- You need 2 of Egg yolks for egg wash.
I could literally eat it by the ladle full. In fact, I do by the ladle – in the form of my chicken pot pie soup – one of my absolute. Chicken pie filling can be frozen for up to three months. Add pastry to the defrosted filling and bake until the pastry is cooked through and the filling is piping hot.
Chicken Pot Pie instructions
- Pre Heat the oven to 180°C. Grease a pie dish..
- Stir the chicken, soup and vegetables in a bowl. Salt and pepper as needed..
- Roll or pat the pastry to flatten slightly. Cut out a large circle that will cover your pie dish..
- Spoon all of the mixture into the pie dish. Lightly press the chicken mixture down so it's level. Top with cheese and cover with your pastry lid. Cut decorative holes in the pastry to let air escape..
- Bake for 30-45 minutes covered with foil and then 15 minutes uncovered. Let the pie cool in the dish on a wire rack for 5 minutes..
- This dish can be frozen and reheated in the oven for future meals..
Chicken Potpie Tips How do I prevent a potpie crust from getting soggy? There are a few ways to prevent a soggy pie crust! Here are our tips: For a single-crust pie, prebake (or blind bake) the crust before filling. Brush the crust with a beaten egg white. This will help seal the crust and prevent the liquid filling from absorbing into the crust.