Tzatziki Sauce. In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, oil, and lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Tzatziki is a creamy Greek yogurt sauce with cucumbers and fresh garlic.
Squeeze as much liquid from the cucumber as you can and add the cucumber to the yogurt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and dill. In food processor or blender, add cucumbers, garlic, lemon juice, dill and/or mint, and a few grinds of black pepper. You can have Tzatziki Sauce using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tzatziki Sauce
- Prepare 1/2 of English cucumber, peeled.
- You need 16 oz of cold plain greek yogurt.
- You need 4 clove of garlic, pressed.
- You need 1/3 cup of chopped fresh dill.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice, fresh squeezed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt (or to taste).
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of ground black pepper (or to taste).
Process until well blended, then stir into yogurt. Taste before adding any extra salt, then salt if needed. Place in refrigerator for at least two hours before serving so flavors can blend. Otherwise known as that yogurt and cucumber sauce you love at Greek restaurants but worry about mispronouncing (hear the correct pronunciation here).
Tzatziki Sauce step by step
- The Cucumber should be peeled, finely diced and strained of it's juices. I squeezed it really tight by the fistful. You can use a cheese cloth if you wish. Getting rid of excess juice is important so that you tzatziki sauce isn't watery the next day..
- Combine the strained and chopped cucumber with 2 cups plain greek yogurt, 1½ Tbsp lemon juice, 4 pressed garlic cloves, ⅓ cup chopped dill, ½ tsp salt (add more to taste) and ⅛ tsp black pepper..
- Mix everything together and add more salt to taste if needed. It's best to refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving to let the flavors meld. It tastes even better when refrigerated overnight!.
Tzatziki is made simply with yogurt, drained cucumber, olive oil, fresh herbs (usually mint or dill), garlic, lemon juice and salt. It's a refreshing chilled sauce, dip or spread. Tzatziki sauce is a yogurt and cucumber sauce, which is typically found in Southeast Europe and the Middle East. Most versions include strained yogurt (aka Greek yogurt!), cucumbers, garlic, salt, and some versions include fresh herbs and a bit of acid like lemon juice or vinegar. It's creamy and cool and goes well with so many dishes!