Green and White Bean Salad. Drain and rinse in cold water. Rinse green beans; cut in half. Toss beans in bowl with Italian seasoning, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice.
Add the vinaigrette to the bean mixture. (I didn't add much dressing to mine, make to taste). Drain and refresh in a sieve under cold running water, to cool quickly and retain their bright green colour. Add to the bowl with the onions and toss to combine. You can have Green and White Bean Salad using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Green and White Bean Salad
- Prepare 2 cups of fresh green beans.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can white beans drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 cup of cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half.
- You need 1 of celery stalk thinly sliced.
- Prepare of Dressing creamy vinaigrette.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Red or white wine vinegar.
- It’s of Plain yogurt.
- Prepare of Kosher salt.
- Prepare of See my recipe on creamy vinaigrette to make.
Gently fold in the red and white canned beans and stir everything together. Preparation mode: Place the cannellini beans in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Bagged salad and slaw blends are great shortcut ingredients for adding variety without needing to wash and chop lots of different vegetables.
Green and White Bean Salad instructions
- Prep vegetables and beans, stem ends and snapped off, cut into 1 inch pieces for green beans, drain and rinse white beans, cut celery and tomato’s.
- Add all to a bowl, and make creamy vinaigrette. Add the vinaigrette to the bean mixture. (I didn’t add much dressing to mine, make to taste).
- Serve right away or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day..
Toss a kale-and-broccoli slaw mix with canned white beans and yogurt-based green goddess dressing for a crunchy main-dish salad in minutes. This meatless main-dish salad combines creamy, satisfying white beans and avocado. Try mixing it up with different seasonal vegetables. It has been such a whirlwind of a week and I have hardly had time to keep up! Between work and class and housework and client vacation planning, and everything else… I did cook some, but we also filled in the blanks with leftovers.