Tzatziki Sauce. Tzatziki is a creamy Greek yogurt sauce with cucumbers and fresh garlic. This is a versatile sauce that is the perfect accompaniment to many Mediterranean dishes. You can also slather it on your sandwiches; or simply use it as a dip with warm pita and your favorite vegetables!
Squeeze as much liquid from the cucumber as you can and add the cucumber to the yogurt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and dill. In food processor or blender, add cucumbers, garlic, lemon juice, dill and/or mint, and a few grinds of black pepper. You can cook Tzatziki Sauce using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tzatziki Sauce
- You need of English cucumber, peeled.
- Prepare of cold plain greek yogurt.
- Prepare of garlic, pressed.
- Prepare of chopped fresh dill.
- You need of lemon juice, fresh squeezed.
- It’s of salt (or to taste).
- You need of ground black pepper (or to taste).
Process until well blended, then stir into yogurt. Taste before adding any extra salt, then salt if needed. Place in refrigerator for at least two hours before serving so flavors can blend. Otherwise known as that yogurt and cucumber sauce you love at Greek restaurants but worry about mispronouncing (hear the correct pronunciation here).
Tzatziki Sauce instructions
- The Cucumber should be peeled, finely diced and strained of it's juices. I squeezed it really tight by the fistful. You can use a cheese cloth if you wish. Getting rid of excess juice is important so that you tzatziki sauce isn't watery the next day..
- Combine the strained and chopped cucumber with 2 cups plain greek yogurt, 1½ Tbsp lemon juice, 4 pressed garlic cloves, ⅓ cup chopped dill, ½ tsp salt (add more to taste) and ⅛ tsp black pepper..
- Mix everything together and add more salt to taste if needed. It's best to refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving to let the flavors meld. It tastes even better when refrigerated overnight!.
Tzatziki is made simply with yogurt, drained cucumber, olive oil, fresh herbs (usually mint or dill), garlic, lemon juice and salt. It's a refreshing chilled sauce, dip or spread. Tzatziki is a Greek sauce made from yogurt, garlic and cucumbers. Other ingredients such as lemon juice, mint, dill or parsley are sometimes added. I also love it because it really is healthier than most other dips and sauces and that's because it's made with Greek yogurt.