Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook. Add the water, lentils, and rice, and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the sweet potatoes and salt. Add the chopped onion, garlic and ginger, and saute until transparent.
Lentils are a great soure of fiber and protein. When they're boiled, many of the nutrients run off into the water, so. It's very easy to make red lentil soup in instant pot: Press the saute function and saute onion, garlic and ginger until translucent. You can have Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook
- Prepare 200 g of orange lentils.
- You need 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of carrot, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 50 g of fresh ginger, grated.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- It’s Pinch of each of turmeric and paprika.
- It’s 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 litre of water or stock. (I used chicken stock, but if you use vegetable stock the recipe is vegetarian/vegan).
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Add in spices and stir well to combine. Brown the onion and garlic in butter. Place onion mixture and all remaining ingredients (except zest) in a blender. The Red Lentil soup, with all the gorgeous ingredients such as ginger and garlic, acts as a detoxifier and cleansing soup.
Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook step by step
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, then gently fry the onion until starting to soften..
- Add the carrot, garlic, ginger and spices, fry for a few minutes more..
- Add the lentils, stock/water and tomatoes. Simmer gently until the lentils are soft (approx 15 – 20 minutes.).
- Cook until the lentils are starting to get a little soft. The soup is ready and can be served just as it is.
- Or can be blended with a stick blender and be served as a smoother soup..
That way you can enjoy what some would call a wholesome fresh meal. I think the importance here is that the soup is first of all tasty but also well balanced, not only in flavors but in ingredient nutrients. Ginger Carrot Lentil Soup is a simple, easy to make& yummy soup. This delicious soup with red lentils and carrots is quick to cook up when you're busy, but hungry and, it's packed with nutrition, too. Carrots, as you know, are the veggie queens of beta-carotene, and antioxidant stars.