Quick Chicken and Dumplings. Food you never knew you wanted. Pour the cans of chicken broth into a saucepan along with the chicken; bring to a boil. Once the broth is at a steady boil, take a handful of biscuit dough and flatten it in your hand.
Stir in the chicken, broth, mushrooms, bouillon granules, parsley, sage, rosemary and pepper. Reduce heat; add biscuits for dumplings. Do not submerge dumplings in liquid. You can have Quick Chicken and Dumplings using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick Chicken and Dumplings
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 cup of frozen green peas and carrots.
- It’s 1 cup of cut-up cooked chicken.
- It’s 1 can of (10 3/4oz.) condensed creamy chicken mushroom soup.
- You need 1 cup of original Bisquick mix.
- You need 1/3 cup of milk.
- You need 1 of paprika, if desired.
Instructions Heat chicken broth in pot on medium-high heat and cook until gently boiling. Place biscuit quarters on top of boiling soup. Use boneless chicken pieces as the meat becomes very tender and can leave chunks of stew in the stew. Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken in batches, followed by the lardons and onions.
Quick Chicken and Dumplings step by step
- Heat 1 1/2 cups milk, peas and carrots, chicken, and soup to boiling in 3-quart saucepan, stirring frequently..
- Stir Bisquick mix and 1/3 cup milk til soft dough forms. Drop dough by spoonful onto chicken mix (do not drop directly into liquid). Sprinkle with paprika..
- Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer..
- Tips: substitution; you can use 1 cup of your favorite frozen vegetable combination in place of peas and carrots..
- Tip 2: for tender dumplings, don't over mix the dough. mix just til moistened..
Transfer everything to the slow cooker along with the rest of the stew ingredients. Make the dumplings as above and sit on top of. Halve and stir in the mushrooms, along with the leftover chicken and plain flour. Place the self-raising flour and a pinch of sea salt in a mixing bowl. Heat a large, deep skillet or saute pan over medium heat.