Easy Chicken and Dumplings. Cut each biscuit into quarters, and gently stir into the simmering soup. Prep – Gather your ingredients and chop your veggies. Cook your chicken if you are not using pre-cooked.
For dumplings, in a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, thyme and nutmeg; stir in milk and remaining parsley just until moistened. This chicken and dumplings soup is super easy to make thanks to Pillsbury™ biscuit dough, but you can make it even easier! The recipe calls for cooked chicken; instead of cooking the chicken yourself and taking the time to shred it, pick up some shredded rotisserie chicken from the grocery store so all the prep work is already done for you. You can cook Easy Chicken and Dumplings using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken and Dumplings
- It’s 3 quart of water.
- Prepare 7 of cubes chicken bouilion.
- Prepare 3 of chicken breast.
- You need 4 small of rolls of canned biscuts.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 7 of drops of yellow food coloring.
Prepare the dumplings while the chicken soup is simmering. Mix together all-purpose flour, baking powder, pepper, salt, and thyme in a large bowl. Then, add melted butter and whole milk to these dry ingredients. Mix using a rubber spatula until combined, and the mixture looks like dough.
Easy Chicken and Dumplings step by step
- In a large pot, bring to boil water, bouillon, salt, pepper and chicken. Reduce heat to med high and boil for 30 min..
- Remove chicken and set aside. Lower heat to about med..
- Separate biscuits and pinch into threes. (put them into pot as you pinch them apart to prevent them from sticking together).
- Drop in food coloring and stir. Stirring frequently, cook till dumplings start to stick to bottom of pan. About 20-25 min. (your sauce will be thick) Reduce to simmer..
- Pull chicken apart in pieces and throw in pot. Stir and Serve.
Use boneless chicken pieces as the meat becomes very tender and can leave chunks of stew in the stew. Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken in batches, followed by the lardons and onions. Transfer everything to the slow cooker along with the rest of the stew ingredients. Make the dumplings as above and sit on top of. While soup is simmering, make dumplings: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.