Snickerdoodles. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Find Great Deals from the Top Retailers.
Add the flour, cream of tartar, bicarbonate of soda and ¼ tsp salt, and mix until just combined. Melt the butter, and add the sugars. Beat the egg well, then stir into the mixture. You can cook Snickerdoodles using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Snickerdoodles
- It’s 1 cup of butter — softened.
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of sugar.
- You need 2 of each eggs.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of Do not add cinnamon and sugar to dry ingredients:).
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
Add the vanilla, cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Snickerdoodles are characterized by a cracked surface and can be either crisp or soft depending on the ingredients used. Snickerdoodles are often referred to as "sugar cookies". However, traditional sugar cookies are often rolled in white sugar whereas snickerdoodles are rolled in a mixture of white sugar and cinnamon.
- Heat the oven to 350 Degrees..
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy..
- Add the eggs and beat into the mixture until blended.
- Sift flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt..
- Add flour mixture and mix to make firm dough..
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon; set aside..
- Shape cookie dough using a # 40 scoop or 1 1/4"balls. Roll each ball into the cinnamon/sugar until well coated. Place cookies, 1.5" apart, on baking sheets. (Darker sheet pans bake faster than shiny) – about 3 trays using house hold baking sheet….
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until golden. Take off the pan with a spatula and place on wax paper or parchment or a cooling rack and let cool. taste great with ice cold milk:).
In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until well blended. Snickerdoodles is a community recipe submitted by carolines and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. If you can't bake them all at the same time, place the mixture back on the fridge while waiting. Snickerdoodles are one of my favourite recipes to make up and give away.