TZATZIKI SAUCE. In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, oil, and lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Tzatziki is a creamy Greek yogurt sauce with cucumbers and fresh garlic.
Squeeze as much liquid from the cucumber as you can and add the cucumber to the yogurt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and dill. In food processor or blender, add cucumbers, garlic, lemon juice, dill and/or mint, and a few grinds of black pepper. You can have TZATZIKI SAUCE using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of TZATZIKI SAUCE
- It’s of cheesecloth.
- Prepare of container of plain greek yogurt.
- You need of cucumber peeled, seeded and grated.
- You need of garlic minced.
- It’s of lemon juice.
- Prepare of dill pickle grated.
- It’s of chopped parsley.
- You need of salt & pepper.
Process until well blended, then stir into yogurt. Taste before adding any extra salt, then salt if needed. Place in refrigerator for at least two hours before serving so flavors can blend. Otherwise known as that yogurt and cucumber sauce you love at Greek restaurants but worry about mispronouncing (hear the correct pronunciation here).
TZATZIKI SAUCE instructions
- the night before…line a strainer with double layer of cheesecloth (a clean cotton dish towel will work also).
- place lined strainer over a bowl, empty yogurt into the strainer, cover with plastic wrap refrigerate over night.
- place grated cucumber and grated dill pickle in a fine mesh strainer over a bowl, and refrigerate over night as well, this is to drain as much of the liquid as possible.
- the next day, stir the drained yogurt, cucumber, pickle, garlic, lemon juice and parsley together in a bowl.
- season with salt and pepper, cover and refrigerate 1 or 2 hrs before serving to allow flavours to meld.
Tzatziki is made simply with yogurt, drained cucumber, olive oil, fresh herbs (usually mint or dill), garlic, lemon juice and salt. It's a refreshing chilled sauce, dip or spread. Tzatziki sauce is a yogurt and cucumber sauce, which is typically found in Southeast Europe and the Middle East. Most versions include strained yogurt (aka Greek yogurt!), cucumbers, garlic, salt, and some versions include fresh herbs and a bit of acid like lemon juice or vinegar. It's creamy and cool and goes well with so many dishes!