Mike's pizza sauce. Our blend of Hand Crushed San Marzano Tomatoes, Garlic, Oils and a mix of Italian herbs makes an ideal sauce to bring your Pizza creation to life! Why Mike's Salsa (Pizza Sauce) is so special! All Natural; No preservatives; No additives; No colouring; Gluten free; No water added; Low sugar; Low salt.
Add the Tomato Puree; watch out for splatterage! Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in tomato paste and water. You can have Mike's pizza sauce using 9 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's pizza sauce
- Prepare 6 oz of can of tomato paste.
- It’s 2/3 cup of of water.
- You need 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of basil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of marjoram.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of sherry.
Season with sugar, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, basil, oregano, marjoram, cumin, chili powder and red pepper flakes. Heat the oil in a saucepan over a low heat, then add the onion along with a generous pinch of salt. Add the garlic and fry for a further min. Tip in the tomatoes and purée along with the bay, oregano and sugar.
Mike's pizza sauce instructions
- Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan and let simmer for about 30 min. For the right consistency..
Bring to the boil and lower the heat. Mike was a master of Italian cooking, who brought his knowledge of Italian home cooking and Old World flavor in creating the recipe for the sauce that is still used, without change, at Mike's Pizza today. Mike believed that customers knew quality when they tasted it and from the day he opened Mike's, he used only the best ingredients, regardless of price. The sauce, meat and dough were all. The main difference is that pizza sauce is raw, whereas pasta sauce is cooked.