Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna. When browned remove and set aside. Add the Mids Italian sausage sauce to the pan then put in the ground sirloin. Hey everyone, I hope you're having an incredible day today.
For mine, I'm gonna make it a bit unique. Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. Keywords: eggplant meatballs, eggplant meatballs recipe, how to make eggplant meatballs, meatless meatballs, vegetarian meatballs. You can have Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna
- It’s of Eggplant pasta replacement.
- You need 2 of medium sized aubergine/ eggplants.
- Prepare As needed of salt.
- It’s As needed of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of Meatballs and sauce.
- You need 1-1/2 pound of beef meatballs.
- You need 32 ounces of Mids Italian sausage pasta sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of water to get and use all the sauce out of jar.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of concentrated tomato paste.
- You need 1-1/2 cups of pesto see my recipe walnut pesto.
- You need 2/3 pound of ground sirloin.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- You need To taste of ground white pepper.
- Prepare of Cheese.
- You need 2 cups of extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded divided.
After cooking an eggplant lasagna dish without this step — and having to toss it because it was completely inedible — I've become more aware of prepping. Kids can help with the layering of the ingredients. Peel the eggplant and cut one side to make flat surface. This will stabilize your eggplant when you slice it.
Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna instructions
- Peel the eggplant and cut one side to make flat surface. This will stabilize your eggplant when you slice it. Slice the eggplant thinly..
- Now salt the eggplant slices on both sides set in a bowl to drain the liquids. Doing this take all or most of the bitterness out of the eggplant slices. After an hour drain the liquids off and they are ready to use. The last picture on this step is the bitter liquids pulled out by the salt. I had about 1/2 cup total, on second draining..
- Cut the meatballs in half set aside. I usually keep meatballs in my freezer. See any of my recipes for meatballs. Shred the cheese, and set aside. When you pour the Mid's sauce in add a little water to the jar to get the rest out of jar..
- Preheat oven to 400°Fahrenheit heat the meatballs in a good sized pan. When browned remove and set aside. Add the Mids Italian sausage sauce to the pan then put in the ground sirloin. Bring to a simmer 20 minutes and stir in the tomato paste. Add the parmesan cheese. Stir in well..
- Add the olive oil to the eggplant. Cook on a cooking surface. Turn as needed. In a baking pan add some of the eggplant. I used a spring form pan..
- Add some of the meatballs cut side down. Cover the meatballs with half the sauce. Now add the pesto on top of sauce..
- Repeat the the same layers except you shouldn't have pesto on second layer. Add the shredded cheese on top. Put into the oven for 45 minutes..
- Take out of oven and let rest 15 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.
Now salt the eggplant slices on both sides set in a bowl to drain the liquids. Doing this take all or most of the bitterness out of the eggplant slices. After an hour drain the liquids off and they are ready to use. Stir in well." – "Add the olive oil to the eggplant. In a baking pan add some of the eggplant.