Ladopsomo with Tzatziki Sauce. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Put the shreded chicken on top of vegetables and pour Tzatziki sauce on chicken. Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper and a dash of oregano.
Season with salt and pepper, and transfer to a bowl. Tzatziki is a delicious Mediterranean sauce made out of yogurt with minced cucumber, garlic and lemon juice. I usually buy a huge jar of tzatziki sauce at Costco (the Hannah brand of tzatziki sauce pictured above). You can have Ladopsomo with Tzatziki Sauce using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ladopsomo with Tzatziki Sauce
- It’s of of a chicken.
- It’s of tomatoes.
- Prepare of onion.
- It’s of cucumber.
- You need of of a lemon.
- Prepare of of olive oil.
- It’s of garlic clove.
- Prepare of of oregano.
- Prepare of of whole grain bread ( or pita bread).
- You need of of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of of natural yogurt.
Even though it's a big package of sauce, it gets used up within a week at my house 🙂 There are so many things to eat and serve with tzatziki sauce, and it's so delicious! Tzatziki Sauce adds the best finishing touch to pita sandwiches, salads and wraps. When it hits the spot, you'll eat it all within a few days. You'll need to stir it up about every time you want to use it because you will find the lemon juice and yogurt whey separate from the thicker sauce.
Ladopsomo with Tzatziki Sauce step by step
- Boil chicken until fully cooked. Throw away skin and bones then, shred chicken..
- Dice tomatoes, onion, and 3/4 cucumber..
- Toast bread until extra crunchy on both sides..
- Now for the sauce, shred remainder of cucumber (1/4) and strain juice from cucumber with fine strainer. Chop the garlic clove as small of possible to distribute taste better. Squeeze juice from lemon. To yogurt add cucumber shreds, garlic, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil , and a pinch of salt and pepper then stir..
- The last step is to put it all together. First, on a big dish put the four slices of bread 2×2 and lay the chopped vegetables from step two on top of the bread. Put the shreded chicken on top of vegetables and pour Tzatziki sauce on chicken. Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper and a dash of oregano..
- Enjoy your traditional and healthy dish straight from Greece!.
I was first introduced to tzatziki sauce as a very young child, with the opening in my neighborhood of a new restaurant, The Athenian Room. This small cozy place specialized in savory grilled Greek chicken, marinated skirt steaks and kabobs, wide steak fries soaked in a red wine vinaigrette, salads with slabs of salty feta on top, and gyros. It quickly became a family staple, and to this day. Directions In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, oil, and lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes.