4 Ingredient Frozen Instant Pot Roast and Potatoes. Compare prices & read customer reviews. Free UK delivery on eligible orders! While the meat is cooking, prepare the potatoes.
Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is on "sealing." With simple ingredients, you can use an Instant Pot® to create a flavorful pot roast meal in less time than using an oven or slow cooker. My husband wanted to do a giant prime rib for Christmas dinner, but he waited too long to thaw it, so it was still frozen in the middle. You can cook 4 Ingredient Frozen Instant Pot Roast and Potatoes using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 4 Ingredient Frozen Instant Pot Roast and Potatoes
- You need 1 3/4 cup of beef broth (or 1 3/4 cup water plus 1 3/4 tsp Better than Bouillon Beef Base).
- Prepare 2 of –3 pounds of beef chuck roast (frozen or thawed).
- Prepare 4 of –5 medium russet potatoes, peeled and quartered.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of steak seasoning.
- It’s of Optional: cornstarch and water for thickening the gravy.
Here is how you do that. Prepare the gravy by using the liquid left in the Instant Pot. Whisk the mixture until it's smooth. Continue whisking until the gravy is thickened.
4 Ingredient Frozen Instant Pot Roast and Potatoes step by step
- Pour the broth into the bottom of your Instant Pot. If your roast is frozen, place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot and then place the roast on top of the trivet. If your roast is thawed, you can place it directly in the bottom of the Instant Pot in the broth..
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual/pressure cook button (high pressure) to 70 minutes for a 2 pound roast and 80 minutes for a 3 pound roast (add 10 minutes for each additional pound of roast). While the meat is cooking, prepare the potatoes. When the timer beeps perform a quick release, moving the valve from “sealing” to “venting.”.
- Open the lid and remove the trivet. Place the meat in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Season it with half of the steak seasoning. Add in the potatoes and season them with the rest of the steak seasoning. Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is on “sealing.” Cook on manual (high pressure) for another 4 minutes. Let the pot sit for at least 10 minutes (up to 20 minutes for ultimate roast tenderness) after the timer beeps before releasing the pressure. Release the pressure.
- Scoop the vegetables and arrange on the sides of a platter. Slice or shred the meat and place on the middle of the platter. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Prepare the gravy by using the liquid left in the Instant Pot. Turn the Instant Pot to “saute.” Mix 2 Tbsp cornstarch and 2 Tbsp water in a small bowl and then stir the cornstarch slurry into the Instant Pot. Whisk the mixture until it’s smooth. Continue whisking until the gravy is thickened. Serve gravy with the roast, potatoes and carrots..
Here is how you cook it. Here is how you cook that. The meal is finished off with homemade gravy. Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. It is one of my favorites food recipes.