Potato Gnocchi & White Bean Salad. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Mash the potatoes using a potato ricer or masher on to a large clean board. Sprinkle over the flour, finely grate over half the nutmeg, season well with sea salt and black pepper, then scrunch and push the mixture together with clean hands. Depending on the potatoes, you may need to add a little more flour – use your common sense.
This second pressing is to make sure that the mixture is lump free, and also lets more air in. Mash well, ideally with a ricer, which will give fluffier gnocchi. Add the egg and some seasoning, mix briefly with a fork, then sift over the flour and bring together to make dough. You can cook Potato Gnocchi & White Bean Salad using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato Gnocchi & White Bean Salad
- You need 1 lb of potato gnocchi.
- Prepare 30 oz of cooked chickpeas.
- It’s 2 of small shallot; small dice.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic; creamed.
- Prepare 1 bundle of parsley; chiffonade.
- Prepare 1 of lemon; zested & juiced.
- You need 1 T of rosemary; minced.
- You need 1.5 t of thyme; minced.
- Prepare 1/4 C of grated parmigiano reggiano.
- It’s 1 pinch of kosher salt & black pepper.
- Prepare as needed of extra virgin olive oil.
Make the Potato Gnocchi Dough Be sure to boil, peel and rice the potatoes when you are ready to make the dough and continue with the recipe. They should be riced when hot, and cooled off quickly. Once your potatoes are riced, spread them out on a board or worktop and add the flour on top. Work potatoes with salt, egg, flour and nutmeg to form a dough.
Potato Gnocchi & White Bean Salad step by step
- Drop gnocchi into a large pot of boiling water. Remove with slotted spoon as soon as they float. Lay flat on a plate. Cool in fridge..
- In a large mixing bowl combine ingredients gnocchi to salt and pepper.. Save a little lemon zest amd cheese for garnish. Mix well..
- Drizzle enough extra virgin olive oil just to lightly coat salad. Toss. Garnish. Serve..
- Variations; Butter, compound butters, flavored olive oils, bell peppers, roasted bell peppers, jalapeños, habanero, bacon, pancetta, prosciutto, chives, scallions, celery, carrots, ginger, honey, lime, crushed pepper flakes, coriander seed, fennel, basil, arugula, spinach, zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant, pesto, horseradish, potatoes, corn, white wine, tarragon, dill, asparagus, mint, broccoli, capers, paprika, green beans, sage, brown butter, cheddar, parmesean, romano, gruyere, lentils, tomatoes, white vinegar, champagne vinegar, avocado, peas, savory, white wine vinegar, yellow onion.
Form each piece into oval gnocchi and press gently with the prongs of a fork. Depending on the potatoes, you may need to add a little more flour – use your common sense. A super easy potato gnocchi recipe which lends itself to a variety of pasta sauces and toppings. Maris Piper or King Edward potatoes work best in this dish. From the book Angela Hartnett's Cucina: Three Generations of Italian Family Cooking by Angela Hartnett.