Snicker Doodle Cookies. Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Form the dough into small balls and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. These perfectly baked gluten-free snickerdoodle cookies are soft on the inside and crisp on the outside with that sweet cinnamon-sugar coating.
Double roll the cookie balls into a cinnamon-sugar mixture. This helps to make sure the cookies are completely coated. Snickerdoodles The history of this whimsically named treat is widely disputed, but the popularity of this classic cinnamon-sugar-coated cookie is undeniable! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen This video file cannot be played. You can cook Snicker Doodle Cookies using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Snicker Doodle Cookies
- Prepare of Cookies.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of All purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1/2 cup of White Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (melted).
- You need 3 tbsp of Milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need of Coating.
- It’s 2 tbsp of White Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Cinnamon Powder.
Blend in flour, cream of tartar, soda,. Roll balls of dough in mixture. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cream. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat to.
Snicker Doodle Cookies instructions
- First prepare the coating mixture. Mix cinnamon powder and sugar in bowl and keep it aside till needed..
- Mix all purpose flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl..
- In another bowl, mix melted butter, milk and vanilla..
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients. Fold them in till you get smooth dough..
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes or 15 minutes in the freezer..
- Before remove the dough from the fridge, preheat the oven to 330°F or 165°F C for at least 10 minutes..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Now dough is chilled and not sticky. Make smooth balls of 1 ½ tablespoons of size, roll into prepared cinnamon-sugar mixture and coat well..
- Arrange the cookies on the baking sheet few inches apart, flatten it slightly..
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or till the edges are light brown and looks set..
- Remove it from the oven, let it cook for 5 minutes in the sheet and then remove it to cooling rack to cool completely..
Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture and place on cookie sheet. This little known ingredient prevents the cookies from developing sugar crystals like regular sugar cookies, which means that snickerdoodles have a soft, pillowy totally addictive texture. Another difference between snickerdoodles and sugar cookies is, of course, that these cookies are rolled in cinnamon-sugar before baking. A snickerdoodle is a type of cookie made with butter or oil, sugar, salt, and flour, and rolled in cinnamon sugar. Eggs may also sometimes be used as an ingredient, with cream of tartar and baking soda added to leaven the dough.