4 Bean Salad. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Yes, it's a lot of beans, but a lot of nutritious fiber!
Add the onion, green pepper, celery, beans and pimentos or red peppers. Toss to evenly coat and place in large sealed container. Place in refrigerator and turn periodically to mix. You can cook 4 Bean Salad using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 4 Bean Salad
- You need 1 can of (14.5oz) cut green beans – drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 can of (14.5oz) yellow wax beans – drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 can of (15oz) dark red kidney beans – drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 can of (15oz) garbanzo beans (chick peas) – drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced red onion.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced green bell pepper (optional).
- It’s 1 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
In a large salad bowl, combine all of the beans, green pepper and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring several times.
4 Bean Salad step by step
- If you can, use low sodium unsalted beans. Open and dump all of your beans into a collander, rinse with cold lightly running water gently tossing to ensure you rinse off all the canned juices. This removes any "tinny" flavors. Allow to sit about 15 minutes to drain..
- Meanwhile dice your onions and bell peppers, and make your vinaigrette. In a large bowl whisk together vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper until sugar and salt are dissolved. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking continuously..
- Gently this the beans once more to shake off excess water still clinging on. Slowly pour beans into bowl of vinaigrette. Add onion and green pepper and gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Overnight is best for the flavors to really meld, so this is a great "make ahead" dish!.
- To serve: Because "evoo" solidifies when cold, remove salad from fridge and let sit out about 30 minutes before serving. Give it another stir to redistribute vinaigrette, dish up and enjoy!.
Chop the celery, onion, and pepper. In a medium saucepan, add the sugar, vinegar, vegetable oil and celery seed. Grab that tin of beans from the back of your store cupboard and whip up this simple salad. Add the beans, drained onion, cucumber, parsley, capers and dried oregano. Mix dressing add all beans drained and rinced. refrigerate toss every once in a while, refrigerate at least overnight.