Use-up Comfy Chicken Paprika Leftover Soup. Stir in the potato and carrots. Fry for a further minute, gently stirring continuously. Add the garlic, tarragon, oregano, paprika salt and pepper.
Step Six Use up leftover chicken in this rustic soup with garlic yogurt. Ramp up the flavour profile with garlic, coriander, lime, cumin and chilli, and crumble over creamy feta to finish. Pure soul food, this warming, easy chicken soup makes the most of leftover roast chicken. You can cook Use-up Comfy Chicken Paprika Leftover Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Use-up Comfy Chicken Paprika Leftover Soup
- Prepare of Comfy Chicken Paprika (see my Cookpad recipe), = 2 cooked chicken thighs and 250-350 ml of the sauce but a little more the merrier!.
- Prepare of vegetable oil (cold-pressed recommended).
- Prepare of leek, sliced.
- You need of onion, chopped.
- Prepare of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare of potato, unpeeled but diced.
- Prepare of carrots, unpeeled but diced.
- It’s of chicken stock (I used Knorr Stock Pots).
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Ground black pepper.
Use up leftover chicken in this rustic soup with garlic yogurt. Meanwhile prepare rice noodles following packet instructions. Drain and add to soup together the the meat and reheat thoroughly. Instead of rice noodles, you can also use small soup pasta.
Use-up Comfy Chicken Paprika Leftover Soup instructions
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or stockpot and gently fry the leek and onion for 3 minutes, stirring only to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic and continue frying for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in the potato and carrots. Fry for a further minute, gently stirring continuously. Then add the stock, stirring well to mix. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook on a fast simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Season to taste (you may not need any salt) and whizz to a smooth consistency..
- Serve piping hot with granary bread or crusty roll..
Cook the pasta in the soup or separately in boiling water as instructed on the packet. If you cook the pasta in the soup. Wondering what to do with leftover chicken? We've got so many different recipes to choose from including chicken and mushroom pies, pasta bakes, soups (including two lovely options for chicken noodle soup), easy chicken salads and more. And for next time, see all our chicken recipes.