Chocolate Mousse. A traditional chocolate mousse with a hint of orange flavor. This luxurious dairy-free and low-carb mousse is made simply with eggs and chocolate. Omit the orange zest for a plain chocolate mousse.
Melt over barely simmering water, stirring. Directions Place chocolate in a large bowl set over a bain marie or in a double boiler at a low simmer. Beat the cream over ice until it forms soft peaks. You can have Chocolate Mousse using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Mousse
- It’s 200 grams of 70% or 80% Dark Chocolate.
- It’s 20 grams of Butter.
- It’s 3 of Eggs.
- You need 300 ml of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of Caster Sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
Set aside and hold at room temperature. With a mixer, whip egg to. Remove the chocolate from the bain marie and. Instructions Place the butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
Chocolate Mousse instructions
- Get eggs ready by separating the yokes from the whites.
- Melt chocolate in microwave at 30 second bursts and till chocolate is melted but just before chocolate is melted add the butter and mix once chocolate and butter are melted add yokes and mix till combined set aside to cool.
- Whip cream.
- Whip egg whites just before you get stiff peaks add sugar and salt keep whipping till stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream in to the whites and than add the chocolate mixture in to the boll and keep folding till it's all well combined.
- Get mousse mixture and add in to a serving dish of choice and put in the fridge and let set for 12 – 24hrs (24hrs is best).
Break the chocolate into small pieces directly into the bowl. In the bowl of a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, beat the egg whites on medium-high speed until foamy. In another bowl, beat the heavy cream on. Whisk together yolks, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a metal. Melt chocolate in a double boiler or a metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water (or in a glass bowl in a microwave.