Classic Chicken Salad. Place all ingredients in a bowl; stir to combine. To the dressing, add the chicken, scallions, celery, dill, and parsley. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
For the salad, season the chicken well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the chicken breasts, skin-side down. A classic chicken salad recipe is always a favorite at a picnic, a barbecue, or an office potluck! You can cook Classic Chicken Salad using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Classic Chicken Salad
- You need 2 cups of roasted chicken breast, cut up. Recipe for roasted chicke.
- You need 2 tablespoons of diced celery.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of diced onion.
- Prepare 1 of tablespon fresh chives, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of dijon mustard.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of mayonnaise or more if you like it creamy.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of hot sauce such as Franks red hot.
- It’s of pita bread, as nneeded.
- Prepare of lettece leaves, as neeeded.
- It’s as needed of sliced tomatos.
Just a few ingredients can be transformed into a cold, creamy salad or filling for a homemade chicken salad sandwich or wrap! Slightly roast sunflower seeds in a small pan on medium heat. Remove from heat and let cool. Mix Mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and honey together in a small bowl.
Classic Chicken Salad step by step
- Use fresh roasted chicken, recipe in my profile.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl except pita bread, lettece and tomato.
- Split pita breaf in half and fill each half with chicken salad, lettece and tomato.
Season chicken generously with salt and pepper. Instructions Place the diced chicken, celery, green onions and grapes in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. In a medium-sized bowl, add the remaining ingredients to make the sauce and stir to combine. Pour the mayo sauce over the chicken salad and stir to combine and thoroughly coat the salad. This classic Southern-style chicken salad has a mayo and dill pickle relish dressing that makes it super creamy.