White chocolate and salted caramel mousse. In two batches, gently, fold the egg white mixture through the chocolate mixture. Gently fold the cream through the mousse until just combined. Using a silicone spatula, fold about ⅓ of the whites into the chocolate mixture, sprinkling in the fleur de sel.
For the mousse, melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water – ensuring that the bottom of. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites to a. To make the sauce, place the sugar in a small saucepan with the water and heat (without stirring) until melted and caramelised to a deep golden brown. You can cook White chocolate and salted caramel mousse using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of White chocolate and salted caramel mousse
- It’s 100 g of white chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of eggs separated.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of thickened cream.
- It’s 1 cup of store brought caramel filling.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt.
Add the butter and the cream, and swirl to form a sauce. Add the white chocolate and a pinch of sea salt flakes. Set aside and allow to cool completely. Pour the remaining caramel in a medium-sized heatproof bowl and add the chopped chocolate.
White chocolate and salted caramel mousse step by step
- Place the chocolate in a small heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, and stir until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly..
- Place the egg whites in a bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Add the sugar and whisk until stiff peaks form and the mixture is thick and glossy..
- In a separate bowl whisk the cream until soft peaks form..
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted chocolate, egg yolks, caramel and salt until smooth..
- In two batches, gently, fold the egg white mixture through the chocolate mixture. Gently fold the cream through the mousse until just combined..
- Spoon into 4 x 1¼ cup-capacity (310ml) glasses and refrigerate for 3–4 hours or until set. Serve topped with the whipped cream and the biscotti..
Allow the mixture to sit undisturbed for a minute to let the chocolate melt, then whisk until smooth and shiny. Set aside to cool to room temperature. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff. Fold one-third of the whipped whites into the chocolate mixture, sprinkling in the flaky salt. Fold in the remaining beaten egg whites just.