Home made shawamah recipe. Put the chicken thighs in a large food bag or bowl and season well. Whisk the lemon juice and oil together then add the garlic, spices and bay leaves. Mix thoroughly and pour over the chicken,.
Serve it in pita pockets with Mediterranean salad and sauces. Be sure to check out the video and step-by-step above. Pile the chicken into a bowl or large plastic container, pour over the paste and mix through so the chicken is completely coated. You can have Home made shawamah recipe using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Home made shawamah recipe
- It’s of Shawarma bread.
- It’s of Cabbage.
- You need of Carrot.
- It’s of Cucumber.
- Prepare of Hot dog.
- You need of Mayonnaise.
- You need of Ketchup.
- It’s of Lemon juice.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- It’s of Chicken breast.
- Prepare of Dry pepper.
Shawarma is a classic Middle Eastern fast food. Piles of meat are layered on a spit with fat and spices, and cooked surrounded by heat. When you order a portion of shawarma, the chef will shave off the exterior layer of meat, which is dripping with spices and flavor. The heat creates a crunchy, juicy bite of meat.
Home made shawamah recipe step by step
- Cut the chicken breast into tiny chunks marinate with(salt, ginger and garlic paste, black pepper, thyme, parsley flakes, onions and knor seasoning) for the minimum of 3hours (Mine stayed overnight). saute it in a sauce pan and set aside..
- Cut the cabbage, grate the carrots and cut the cucumber and set aside. Mixing the veggies together, add the sauteed chicken breast, small quantity of mayonnaise and ketchup then mix all together..
- Toast the hot dog in a little oil, you can use butter if you like cooking with butter and set aside..
- Make the sauce using 3spoons of mayonnaise, 3spoons of ketchup, few drop of oil and lemon juice and set aside..
- Place the bread on a clean flat surface, apply the sauce on top of the bread rubbing it all over the bread, sprinkle some pepper depends on how spicy you want it. At one end of the bread, add the mixed veggies lying perpendicular to you, following the hot dog then you roll it in..
- Heat up the sauce pan or non stick pan on a low heat, place the locked side of the bread and heat. While the downside is hot turn over to ensure the whole side get same hotness..
- Shawamah don ready oh. I had mine with chilled Champman😍.
For the shawarma, mix together the cornflour, salt, cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, cloves, cayenne and cinnamon. Put the oil into a bowl, then add the chicken and stir it around. Add the dry spice mix and stir to coat all the chicken pieces well. True shawarma is cooked with stacked, spice-marinated meats- lamb, turkey, chicken, beef, or a mix of meats- on a vertical rotisserie machine or spit. The shawarma turns and slowly roasts for hours and hours, basted in fat and its own juices.