Crock Pot Roast. Read customer reviews & Find best sellers. Slow-cooker beef pot roast; Save recipe. Get this beef brisket in the slow cooker first thing in the morning, so that come evening-time your Sunday dinner.
Place beef in pot with fat side up. Place the roast on top of the vegetables and sprinkle it with the steak seasoning. In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. You can have Crock Pot Roast using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Roast
- You need 1.5 Lb of Chuck Shoulder English Roast (Beef).
- You need 4 Tbsp of Beef Soup Base.
- It’s 1 1/2 Tbsp of Thyme.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Garlic Salt.
- You need 1 Tsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Pepper.
- It’s 5 Dashes of Salt.
- You need 1 Pkg of Onion Soup Mix.
- You need 3-3 1/2 cups of Water.
Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture. Place the floured roast into the cooker on top of the onions. Whisk together beef gravy mix, ranch dressing mix, and Italian dressing mix in a bowl, and whisk the mixes with water until smooth. Place carrots, onion, garlic and potatoes into the slow cooker.
Crock Pot Roast step by step
- Season roast all over with thyme, onion powder, garlic salt, and salt and pepper. Put in crock pot..
- Scoop beef base into measuring cup and add 1 1/2 cups of hot water. Stir to break down soup base. Pour into crock pot..
- Mix onion soup package with 1 1/2 to 2 cups of water. *** Watch the water level, do not go over the roast. About 1/5 of the roast should alway be visible..
- Cook on high for 4 hrs. Turn roast, then cook on low for another 4 hrs. (It is done after 2 hrs on low but I leave it fermenting until dinner, usually total on low for 4 hrs.) ***Make gravy from the broth. Scoop 2 1/2 cups of broth, bring almost to a boil. Mix 2 Tbsp cornstarch with a 1/4 cup cold water, then add stirring constantly. Thicking while bringing to a boil. ENJOY!.
Pour in beef broth, then set the browned chuck roast on top. Add the beef stock, red wine, tomato puree and sugar, ensuring that the beef is mostly covered by the liquid. Once cooked, remove the beef from the slow cooker and cover with foil to keep warm. Add the oil to the Crockpot Express and place the chicken into the pot breast side down to brown. Turn half way through and continue browning.