Kolhapuri Hot And Spice Chicken Recipe With Kolhapuri Masalas. Great recipe for Kolhapuri Hot And Spice Chicken Recipe With Kolhapuri Masalas. Heat a pan on a low flame and saute red chilies, coriander seeds, cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms, pepper, mace and nutmeg until golden. If using nutmeg powder, add it in the next step.
Kohlapuri Chicken is a spicy, real hot, exotic dish from the city of Kolhapur, Maharashtra. Here is the super tempting Kolhapuri chicken recipe. Kolhapuri dishes are known for setting your tongue on fire. You can have Kolhapuri Hot And Spice Chicken Recipe With Kolhapuri Masalas using 23 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kolhapuri Hot And Spice Chicken Recipe With Kolhapuri Masalas
- It’s of Chicken cut into pieces.
- You need of Chillies Whole Dry.
- It’s of chillies Dried red.
- It’s of Onion chopped medium.
- Prepare of Ginger paste.
- It’s of Garlic paste.
- You need of Turmeric powder.
- It’s of Nutmeg grated.
- Prepare of chutney Kolhapuri dry.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of coriander leaves Fresh chopped.
- You need of Sesame seeds (til).
- You need of Poppy seed (khuskhus) paste.
- It’s of Black peppercorns.
- It’s of Caraway seed (shahi jeera) powder.
- It’s of Cumin seeds.
- It’s of Cinnamon piece.
- Prepare of cardamom Green.
- You need of cardamom Black.
- Prepare of Clove.
- It’s of Mace blade.
- You need of coconut Dried ( khopra) grated.
- It’s of chillies Bedgi whole dry.
This is hot and spicy chicken cooked in Kolhapuri masala. The spices in kolhapuri masala are very easily available a home. Serve with hot, steamed rice or any Indian bread of your choice. Ingredients in Kolhapuri Chicken Recipe: Marinated and then cooked with bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper and ground paste,.
Kolhapuri Hot And Spice Chicken Recipe With Kolhapuri Masalas instructions
- For the masala paste, dry-roast the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, peppercorns, caraway seeds, cumin seeds, cinnamon, green cardamoms, black cardamom, cloves, mace, dried coconut and Bedgi chillies separately. Cool and grind with a little water to a fine paste. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker; add the red chillies, sauté for a few seconds, remove from heat and reserve for garnishing. Add the onions to the same oil and sauté till golden brown..
- Add the ginger paste and garlic paste and cook over medium heat for a few seconds. Stir in the ground paste and cook for three or four minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently. Add the chicken, mix well and cook over high heat, stirring continuously, for two or three minutes. Add half a cup of water and continue cooking over medium heat for three or four minutes, stirring frequently. Add the turmeric powder, grated nutmeg, Kolhapuri dry chutney and salt. Seal the cooker with the lid and….
- Remove the lid when the pressure has reduced. The masala should be quite thick and dry. Serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves and fried chillies..
Serve the Kolhapuri chicken with rice, roomali roti or naan. The spicy gravy with sweet coconut flavour and juicy chicken pieces will take you to another world. Try this easy recipe in your kitchen and enjoy a lovely dinner with your family. Earlier I have shared the recipe of 'Kolhapuri Egg curry', today I am going to share the same recipe, but with chicken and some changes. One of the main ingredient in Maharashtrian cuisine is 'coconut'.