Marble Chiffon Cake / Tri-Color Chiffon. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Chiffon Cake on eBay.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and remaining sugar. In another large bowl and with clean. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. You can cook Marble Chiffon Cake / Tri-Color Chiffon using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Marble Chiffon Cake / Tri-Color Chiffon
- Prepare 80 g of egg yolks (from +- 4 eggs).
- You need 28 g (2 tbsp) of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 45 g (3 tbsp) of milk.
- Prepare 65 g (1/2 cup) of cake flour / low protein flour.
- You need 6 g (1 tbsp) of natural cocoa powder.
- You need 25 g (5 tsp) of hot water (for natural cocoa powder).
- It’s 6 g (1 tbsp) of dark cocoa powder or dutch-processed.
- It’s 25 g (5 tsp) of hot water (for dark cocoa powder).
- It’s 130 g of egg white (from +- 4 eggs).
- Prepare 5 g (1 tsp) of lemon juice.
- You need 50 g (1/4 cup) of granulated sugar.
This small marbel chiffon cake is the perfect dessert recipe for bakers who enjoy a little challenge. Wow your guests when you slice into these fudge and vanilla swirls. Top it with a vanilla or cocoa glaze for the perfect end to any dinner party. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar.
Marble Chiffon Cake / Tri-Color Chiffon instructions
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks and oil until well-combined. Add milk and mix well. Sieve in flour and mix just until combined..
- Add the 2 types of cocoa powder into their own bowl. Dilute each with hot water..
- Divide the egg yolk batter into 3 equal portions. Mix 1 portion into the first cocoa bowl. Mix 1 portion into the second cocoa bowl. The third portion will be used for making yellow (non-chocolate) chiffon. Set all aside..
- Place egg white and lemon juice in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat them until foamy with tiny bubbles. Lower the speed and continue beating while gradually adding the sugar in small batches. After all is mixed in, increase the speed to high and beat to a stiff peak consistency..
- Divide the beaten egg white into 3 equal portion (60g each). Firstly, add half-portion (30g) into the first cocoa bowl. Fold and mix with a silicone spatula until almost combined. Add another 30g of egg white. Fold and mix until no egg white is visible. Set aside..
- Repeat with the second cocoa bowl. Add half-portion (30g) of beaten egg white. Mix until almost combined before adding another 30g of egg white. Mix until no egg white is visible. Set aside..
- Repeat with the yellow (non-chocolate) batter. Add half-portion (30g) of beaten egg white. Mix until almost combined before adding another 30g of egg white. Mix until no egg white is visible..
- Into a 6-inch (15cm) loose-bottom pan, add the 3 chiffon batter alternately to create a random pattern. Make sure not to use a non-stick pan and don't grease the pan. The batter needs to cling onto the pan while baking. After all batter is added in, tap the pan twice onto the counter to release any big unwanted bubbles..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 320°F (160°C) for 15 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperature to 260°F (130°C) and bake for 40-45 minutes..
- As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, tap it twice onto the counter. Then immediately invert the pan. Let the edges of cake pan sit on the edges of 3 cups without touching the cake. Leave until it cools completely..
- Before unmolding the cake, run a spatula along the outside edges of cake. Slice and enjoy!.
In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, water and remaining oil. Once mixed, add the vanilla essence and oil.. Mix well and fold in the self-raising flour. In another bowl roughly beat the egg whites and cream of tartar. Beat until soft peaks are formed.