Homemade Meat Balls in Spaghetti cups. For the sauce – In the same skillet, add some olive oil. Sauté finely minced brown onion until translucent. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Note not to overwork the meat as it tends to get dry. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. While spaghetti cups are in the oven, prepare meatballs according to instructions on the package. You can cook Homemade Meat Balls in Spaghetti cups using 26 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Meat Balls in Spaghetti cups
- You need of B. Meat Balls (browned).
- Prepare of Store bought or homemade.
- You need of Homemade meat balls recipe (browned).
- It’s of Ground meat (beef/lamb).
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 tsp of chicken bullions/chicken seasoning powder.
- You need 1/2 c of panko bread crumb.
- It’s 1/4 c of parmesan.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- You need of Meatball sauce/gravy.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of finely minced brown onions.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of bolognese sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of chicken seasoning powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce.
- It’s To taste of – ground pepper.
- It’s of A. Spaghetti Cup.
- It’s 350 g of spaghetti.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- Prepare 1 cup of bolognese sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- Prepare of Cooking spray (spray muffin tray).
Heat remaining marinara sauce over medium heat until warm. Remove from heat and stir in meatballs. Divide spaghetti into prepared muffin tin and make a well in the center of each. Place a meatball in the center of each spaghetti nest.
Homemade Meat Balls in Spaghetti cups instructions
- Start with the meat balls – brown store bought meatballs or if using homemade meatballs, here s the recipe for meatballs: In a large bowl, combine ground meat with the rest of the ingredients. Roll into balls. Note not to overwork the meat as it tends to get dry..
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Brown meatballs, then drain fat. Set aside..
- For the sauce – In the same skillet, add some olive oil. Sauté finely minced brown onion until translucent. Pour 1 1/2 cups of bolognese sauce, add garlic powder, season with sweet chilli sauce, chicken seasoning powder/bouillon and some pepper. Stir to mix. Taste and adjust accordingly. Add meat balls & stir to coat. let simmer for 5 – 6 minutes. Keep aside..
- Preheat oven to 170°C (Overly high temperature will brown/burn the spaghetti, making the edges hard & crispy)..
- Next, for the spaghetti cup – Cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain and rinse under tap water; put aside. In a large bowl, combine eggs, shredded mozzarella, grated Parmesan, bolognese sauce & tomato ketchup. Mix well to combine. Pour this egg mixture over cooked spaghetti. Spray muffin tray with cooking spray. Then Arrange spaghetti inside. Use a shot glass create a well..
- Bake for 10 minutes or until set. Once set, leave nest to cool slightly so it holds its shape nicely. Use spoon to transfer out the nest on serving platter. Spoon meat ball onto spaghetti nest. We sometimes place each nest in a small/mini ramekin for easy serving & warm it up in microwave for 30-45sec. Serve with extra grated cheese & bolognese sauce..
For the meatballs, mix together the beef, garlic and herbs along with a decent pinch of salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add the olive. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, egg and skim milk and stir until mixed. Add the ground beef and stir in until thoroughly combined. The meatballs were larger but it came out just as great but took less prep time!