Chicken biryani recipe. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Chicken Biryani On eBay.
Rinse the rice several times in cold water, until the water. Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Drain and set aside, removing the whole spices. You can cook Chicken biryani recipe using 42 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken biryani recipe
- It’s of For Rice^^.
- You need 4 cup (700 grams) of basmati rice –, soaked in water for 10 minutes.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 of whole bay leaf.
- It’s 6 of black pepper.
- It’s 3-4 of cloves.
- Prepare of Water –, to boil rice.
- Prepare 4 teaspoon of salt – or as required.
- You need of Marinate Chicken ^^.
- It’s 1 (750 gram) of chicken –, cut in 12 pieces.
- It’s 1 cup of yogurt –, divided.
- It’s of Spices ^^.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of green chilli paste.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds –,roasted.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 inch of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of all spice powder.
- Prepare 5 of cloves.
- It’s 2 of black cardamom.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt – or to taste.
- You need of For gravy^^.
- You need of Oil – to fry.
- It’s 5 (400 grams) of potatoes –, cut in large chunks.
- You need of oil – to fry.
- Prepare 4 (500 grams) of onion –, thinly sliced (or 1 cup fried onions packed).
- It’s 4-5 of to (500 grams) tomatoes –, raw pureed.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of yogurt –, whipped.
- You need 4 of prunes*.
- You need 1-2 teaspoon of chat masala – (add only if you like spicy food).
- You need 1 of fistful coriander leaves –, chopped.
- You need 1 of fistful mint leaves –, chopped.
- It’s 5 of medium green chillies.
- Prepare of Assembling (Dum) ^^.
- Prepare 4 tablespoon of oil – divided.
- You need 1 pinch of yellow or orange colour.
- You need 1 pinch of Saffron – soaked (or kewra essence).
- It’s 1/2 cup of water for dum.
Using a heavy based frying pan or saucepan, add the olive oil over a moderate to high heat. Once hot enough, stir in the. Now add all the chicken to the pan and your ground spices (chilli. Remove from the heat and set to one side.
Chicken biryani recipe step by step
- Marinate chicken with spices and 4 tablespoon yogurt and let it sit for 20 minutes..
- In a large pot for biryani take water, bay leaf, cumin, black pepper and salt. Bring water to boil then add soaked rice. Mix well so spices release flavors. Cook rice until 70% cooked then drain all water and keep rice in strainer until required. (Mix little oil in rice to avoid sticking.).
- For gravy: In a wok, fry potatoes with a pinch of salt until golden brown, transfer potatoes to paper towel and set aside. In same oil, fry sliced onions until crispy golden. Drain oil on a paper towel and spread on a single layer to crisp. Crush onion with hand or in a food processor and mix in marinated chicken..
- In same wok, leave only ½ cup oil and (remove extra oil) cook marinated chicken for 7 minutes until colour changes then add tomato puree and cook further for 10-15 until all tomato water dries and oil separates. Your chicken should be tender by now or cook further as needed. Sear chicken (bhunofy) well for rich taste. Now add whipped yogurt,and bring gravy to a boil. Now, mix in chat masala (if using) potato, prunes, mint, coriander and green chilles, mix well. Chicken gravy is ready..
- Assembling In the large thick bottom rice pot smear 2 tablespoon oil in bottom. Make first layer of ⅓ rice in the bottom then add a layer of half of chicken gravy. Now make second layer of ⅓ rice and another layer of chicken gravy dividing chicken and potato evenly in each layer. Finally, add third layer of ⅓ rice. Add another 2 tablespoon of oil on top of rice..
- Mix orange colour, saffron and water together. Spread evenly over the rice. (You may also add kewra water along with saffron) Cover pot with foil to seal the steam. Cover with lid too. Keep the pot for dum for 15-20 minutes until rice are fully cooked and steam rise to the top when lid is removed. Mix rice with a large flat spoon or a small plate. (Do not over mix to break grains.) And serve hot with raita and kachumber..
- Notes Rice are most important thing in biryani. Boil rice should be aromat with spices. Make sure your are under-cooked when you boil because we’ll cook again for 20 minutes. Searing (bhunofying) is most important step in making gravy.The yogurt you add later with restore water content of gravy but if your gravy is too dry add little extra water..
Bring the biryani together in a greased casserole dish preferably with a lid. Have your rice, cooked chicken, saffron milk, ghee, caramelised onions and chopped coriander and mint to hand. Marinate the chicken in greek yoghurt, turmeric, chilli powder and salt. Heat the oil in a heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat. Add the green cardamom and cumin seeds fry for a few seconds.