Arroz con leche. Put the water, rice, and cinnamon stick in a medium-size heavy saucepan set over medium-high heat. This Arroz con Leche is the Cuban version of rice pudding. It's richer and sweeter than regular rice pudding.
Rice pudding (arroz con leche) made the traditional Mexican way, with both whole and evaporated milk and an aromatic touch of cinnamon. After soaking, bring the rice mixture to a boil on high heat, uncovered. In a small saucepan, combine the water, rice and cinnamon. You can cook Arroz con leche using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Arroz con leche
- Prepare 1 cup of long grain rice.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 stick of cinnamon.
- It’s 4 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice (or to desired taste).
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon (or to desired taste).
- Prepare 8 oz of condensed milk.
Fill a medium pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add rice. Arroz con leche, aka rice pudding, was a dessert my mom grew up on. My great-grandma made it, and I wanted to find a recipe that tasted just like it.
Arroz con leche step by step
- Boil the 1cup of rice in 2 cups of water, and add cinnamon sticks.
- When it boils, reduce heat to medium, stir until dry.
- Add 4 cups of milk and stir more.
- Let milk reduce for another 15 minutes, or until you have the consistency you desire.
- Add the condensed milk and stir some more.
- Finish (you can add more milk for desired consistency).
- At the end when cool, add 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (or to desired taste).
Fortunately, I did just that and now have introduced this delicious dessert to my own children. Arroz con Leche (or Mexican rice pudding) is a comforting and simple no-fuss dessert that's guaranteed to satisfy any sweet tooth. Arroz con Leche, or Mexican rice pudding, will forever remind me of my family. Arroz con Leche, or rice pudding, is an authentic Mexican recipe that is sweet and smooth. If you master the steps to make this delicious dessert, you will come to realize that rice is not only good as a savory meal, but also as a sweet one.