Humita/Corn Empanada Filling. Browse Our Great Selection of Books & Get Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Cook for a few more minutes, then add the sweetcorn, flour, paprika, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. To make pasty-like 'closed' empanadas, spoon one big dollop of the sweet corn mixture in the center of the empanada pastry round.
The Humita Empanadas are a stable in the Argentinean community and here chef Daniel shares his recipe for deliciously crispy empanadas with creamy corn filling. Bring the sides of the wrapper together to. Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, Texas. You can cook Humita/Corn Empanada Filling using 21 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Humita/Corn Empanada Filling
- It’s of Turnover dough for Empanadas (see recipe here in Rosanas Ideas).
- It’s of The filling:.
- It’s of Ingredients:.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Prepare 24 oz of fresh corn or frozen corn.
- You need 3 of sweet onions finely chopped.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable bouillon.
- Prepare of Salt (to taste).
- It’s 100 grams of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn starch.
- It’s of White Sauce/Bechamel:.
- It’s 750 ml of milk.
- Prepare of Ingredients:.
- You need 1 stick of butter / butter (4 oz.).
- You need 1 cup of cold milk.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg (optional).
Brush the tops with egg and dust with a little sea salt or Maldon salt, if you have it. Serve immediately with white wine or lemonade. Place a heaping tablespoon of the humitas filling in the center of the empanada shell. Moisten the edge on the top half of the shell with a little water on your finger.
Humita/Corn Empanada Filling instructions
- Ingredients for the Filling:.
- Preheat a pan over medium heat, add butter and oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, sauté until translucent.
- Add pepper, vegetable bouillon, mix.
- Add the corn, mix.
- Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes (frozen) or 5-10 minutes fresh Taste to adjust the salt (reserve).
- White Sauce/Bechamel Ingredients:.
- Place the cold milk in a bowl, add the corn starch, mix (reserve).
- In a microwave safe container heat the liter of milk for 3 1/2 minutes.
- In a non-stick frying pan melt the butter at low temperature.
- Raise the temperature to medium / high, add the preheated milk.
- Add the reserved mixture, salt and nutmeg.
- Stir continuously with wooden spoon until it takes a thick consistency (reserve).
- To finish the recipe:.
- Combine the filling with the White sauce / Bechamel.
- Add the parmesan cheese, mix (reserve).
Fold the bottom half of the dough up until the edges meet and seal with your fingers by pressing down. The empanada should have a half-moon shape. Place a heaping tablespoon of the humitas filling in the center of the empanada shell. Moisten the edge on the top half of the shell with a little water on your finger. Fold the bottom half of the dough up until the edges meet and seal with your fingers by pressing down.