Leeks and Potatoes. Potatoes and leeks are known to make a delicious combination in soup. But, we've got plenty more ideas for these ingredients, including cheesy pies, traybakes, gratins and more. Mix the potatoes, leeks and ham (if using) together in the dish, and spread out in an even layer.
Pour over the hot vegetable stock and cover with tin foil. Peel potatoes and cut into thick slices; add to frying pan. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately. You can cook Leeks and Potatoes using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Leeks and Potatoes
- It’s of Meat and vegetables.
- It’s 2 of large leeks.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots.
- Prepare 1 pound of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 pound of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- You need 2 quart of water.
- It’s of Precooked extras.
- You need 2 cups of macaroni and cheese see my recipe.
- You need 2 cups of mashed potatoes see my recipe.
- Prepare of Spices.
- You need 1 tablespoon of mustard powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need As needed of salt and ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- You need of Meatballs.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 2/3 pound of ground sirloin.
- It’s To taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Thickener and frying.
- It’s 1/4 cup of oil to shallow fry in.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
Put the stock in a large pan, bring to the boil, then add the potatoes and the leeks. The starchy vegetable needs a little extra aroma on the pan. Adding garlic, onion, or in my case LEEKS, really enhances the flavor. First, slice your potatoes into quarters, then peel and slice your red onion into thin strips.
Leeks and Potatoes step by step
- Boil the chicken in water. Slice the carrots and leeks on a bias. Cut the chicken, when done, into manageable pieces and add back to the water..
- Add the leeks and carrots, then add the spices. Stir well..
- Simmer covered and slice the potatoes and fry them. Fry till just turning golden brown remove from the oil. Put on a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Season with a little salt..
- Mix the ground sirloin with the salt and pepper. Add in the cheese and mix well. Make little meatballs and fry till crispy on the outside..
- Turn as needed I did 2 batches. When crispy add right in to the leeks..
- When all the meatballs are in add the fried potatoes. Simmer covered 20 minutes. Add the mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Stir well..
- Add salt and pepper to the butter and melt in the microwave. Stir in the flour and olive oil..
- Pour this thickener into the leeks and cook. Stirring constantly till thickened and the flour has cooked for about 10-12 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes give it a good stir and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Remove leeks from water and place all vegetables. Layer half potatoes, then chunky sliced leeks, add some dry-fried chunks of bacon (cooking bacon is v. cheap), top with remaining potato and pour on sauce. I use parmesan as well as cheddar to get cheesier flavour and a few less calories. Its a bit too hot in Auz now but soon its going to be perfect on. Bring a medium pan of water to the boil.