Leeks and Potatoes. Potatoes and leeks are known to make a delicious combination in soup. But, we've got plenty more ideas for these ingredients, including cheesy pies, traybakes, gratins and more. Mix the potatoes, leeks and ham (if using) together in the dish, and spread out in an even layer.
Pour over the hot vegetable stock and cover with tin foil. Put the stock in a large pan, bring to the boil, then add the potatoes and the leeks. The starchy vegetable needs a little extra aroma on the pan. You can have Leeks and Potatoes using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leeks and Potatoes
- You need of Meat and vegetables.
- Prepare of large leeks.
- It’s of large carrots.
- Prepare of potatoes.
- Prepare of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of Precooked extras.
- You need of macaroni and cheese see my recipe.
- It’s of mashed potatoes see my recipe.
- Prepare of Spices.
- It’s of mustard powder.
- Prepare of granulated garlic powder.
- You need of salt and ground black pepper.
- You need of parsley flakes.
- You need of Meatballs.
- You need of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s of ground sirloin.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- It’s of Thickener and frying.
- You need of oil to shallow fry in.
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of flour.
- It’s of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
Adding garlic, onion, or in my case LEEKS, really enhances the flavor. First, slice your potatoes into quarters, then peel and slice your red onion into thin strips. Remove leeks from water and place all vegetables. Layer half potatoes, then chunky sliced leeks, add some dry-fried chunks of bacon (cooking bacon is v. cheap), top with remaining potato and pour on sauce.
Leeks and Potatoes step by step
- Boil the chicken in water. Slice the carrots and leeks on a bias. Cut the chicken, when done, into manageable pieces and add back to the water..
- Add the leeks and carrots, then add the spices. Stir well..
- Simmer covered and slice the potatoes and fry them. Fry till just turning golden brown remove from the oil. Put on a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Season with a little salt..
- Mix the ground sirloin with the salt and pepper. Add in the cheese and mix well. Make little meatballs and fry till crispy on the outside..
- Turn as needed I did 2 batches. When crispy add right in to the leeks..
- When all the meatballs are in add the fried potatoes. Simmer covered 20 minutes. Add the mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Stir well..
- Add salt and pepper to the butter and melt in the microwave. Stir in the flour and olive oil..
- Pour this thickener into the leeks and cook. Stirring constantly till thickened and the flour has cooked for about 10-12 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes give it a good stir and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
I use parmesan as well as cheddar to get cheesier flavour and a few less calories. Its a bit too hot in Auz now but soon its going to be perfect on. Bring a medium pan of water to the boil. Drain and leave to steam-dry in a colander for a few minutes. Scrub and quarter potatoes; place in a large bowl.