Brad's panini w/ cream of broccoli & turnip green soup. The panini also has beechwood smoked ham & jerk spiced turkey. Heat the panini press to medium-high heat. For each sandwich: Spread butter on two slices of bread to flavor the outside of the sandwich.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup Tips How do you keep broccoli cheddar soup from curdling? Curdling in a cream soup usually occurs when the milk or cream is added at too high of a heat. As you incorporate the milk and broth into the cooked onion and flour mixture, keep the heat at medium and stir continuously with a whisk. You can cook Brad's panini w/ cream of broccoli & turnip green soup using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's panini w/ cream of broccoli & turnip green soup
- It’s of For the soup.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 1 of large shallot, sliced.
- It’s 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- It’s 4 of large broccoli crowns with a few inches of stem on each one.
- It’s 3 qts of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 tbs of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 lb of chopped turnip greens.
- You need 3 sprigs of fresh tarragon.
- Prepare 1 qt of whipping cream, not heavy cream.
- You need 2 cups of grated smoked cheddar cheese.
- You need of Cornstarch slurry…,optional.
- You need of French fried onions for garnish.
- You need of For the panini.
- You need 9 of grain whole wheat bread.
- It’s of Softened butter.
- Prepare of Sliced smoked Swiss cheese.
- You need of Sliced smoked Muenster cheese.
- It’s of Beechwood smoked ham, deli sliced.
- Prepare of Jerk spiced turkey, deli sliced.
- Prepare of Thin sliced sweet onion.
- Prepare of Thin sliced tomato.
- You need of Thin sliced avocado.
- You need of Mayonnaise and spicy brown mustard.
Slowly add in the chicken stock and whisk again to combine. This soup is rich, creamy, cheesy, full of the good stuff. I love making Panera Bread copycat recipes (like their white cheddar mac and cheese and the chipotle chicken panini), and I think broccoli cheese is the best soup at Panera. In a large pot or Dutch oven, we melt butter and sauté some finely diced yellow onions and garlic (or garlic powder if you're.
Brad's panini w/ cream of broccoli & turnip green soup instructions
- Start with the soup. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. When heated add butter and shallots. Sauté until shallots start to caramelize. Add garlic and sauté 2 more minutes..
- Separate the broccoli stalks from the broccoli florets. Slice broccoli stalks thinly. Set aside..
- When shallots are done, add broth and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Add broccoli stalks and cook until they tenderize..
- Then add broccoli florets, turnip greens, and tarragon. Simmer until everything tenderizes..
- Use an immersion blender to blend everything in the pot until it is smooth. Add half and half. Bring back to a simmer. Stir often. add salt and pepper to taste. If you are good with the consistency, move to next step. If you feel it needs to be a little thicker, mix cold water and corn starch at a 1:1 ratio. Slowly add to simmering soup until you get desired consistency..
- Add cheddar to soup and stir until melted..
- I used a George foreman grill to cook the paninis, but in a pan works too..
- Butter the outsides of the slices of bread. On the insides, spread mayo and mustard. Next layer your desired ingredients on your sandwiches. Use a little cheese in between each layer to kind of act like glue..
- Grill or fry until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted. Slice sandwiches in half..
- Add soup to a bowl. Garnish with fried onions. Serve sandwiches on a plate. Enjoy..
Add the flour and stir until flour incorporates into the butter. Carefully ring out extra moisture from the broccoli using paper towel or cheese cloth. Stir in broccoli, carrot, stock, cream and seasonings; bring to a boil. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into soup. Panera's Broccoli Cheddar Soup is comfort food at its best and tastes just like Panera.