Chicken Tikka Sticks. From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Steps Combine all the ingredients for the tandoori marinade in a stain proof bowl.
Wash and trim the lettuce, then click off the leaves. Mix the yogurt and curry paste together in a bowl, then add the chicken (if you have time, marinate for an hr or so). In a large bowl, toss together the cucumber, red onion, coriander and lemon juice. You can have Chicken Tikka Sticks using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tikka Sticks
- Prepare of Chicken Tikka.
- You need 12 of boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare of tandoori marinade recipe below.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- You need of Tandoori marinade.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of madras curry powder.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mint sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of kashmiri chili powder.
- You need 1 Tbsp of coriander stems/leaves chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of kasoor methi – dried fenugreek leaves.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of tandoori masala.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of garlic ginger paste.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of Yoghurt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Bell peppers diced in cubes.
- You need 1/2 cup of Onions diced in cubes.
Spread the chicken out on a plate and sprinkle salt on each side of the drumstick. The chicken tikka is also delicious in a wrap with lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber plus the raita! Or just put it in a salad. Chicken tikka can be cooked in different ways.
Chicken Tikka Sticks step by step
- Combine all the ingredients for the tandoori marinade in a stain proof bowl. Cut each thigh into 4 pieces. Cut each breast, if using, into 8 pieces..
- Combine tandoori marinade with chicken. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours..
- Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes..
- Add the lemon juice to the chicken. Mix to combine. Let stand no more than one hour..
- Light your grill. Build a two zone fire if using charcoal. Turn one burner to high and another to low if using gas..
- Remove chicken from marinade. Use gloves if you have them. Tandoori marinade stains something fierce..
- Grill the chicken over indirect heat until almost done – around 10-15 minutes..
- You want an internal temperature of about 150 F for breasts or 160F for thighs at this point. You will be cooking them a bit more over direct heat. Your final target is 165F for breasts and 175F for thighs..
- Move chicken over direct (high) heat and grill an additional 2-4 minutes, turning every minute. You want a bit of char but you don't want it to burn or dry out..
- Add the diced bell peppers and onion in the leftover marinade and mix to coat. Now add the coated veggies on the grill/Tawa and cook till slightly charred..
- Skewer the chicken and grilled veggies and serve on a bed of salad or along with some onion and mint dip..
- Tag @appetizing.adventure on Instagram if you try this recipe!.
I like to cook it on the barbecue or in a griddle pan so you get the deliciously charred bits on the edge. It is equally good cooked under the grill (broiled) or even just cooked in a frying pan. Chicken Tikka is essentially tandoori chicken, the principle difference being the cut of meat; Chicken Tikka uses smaller boneless chicken pieces, whereas tandoori chicken comes on the bone. Traditionally Chicken Tikka is cooked in a tandoor oven but since not all of us own clay ovens, we shall try to imitate the cooking results of a tandoor oven using a grill and skewers. Chicken Tikka Place the chicken sticks on the pan.