Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding. Place first four ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring. Stir in raisins and vanilla; bake, covered, until rice is tender,. Stir in white sugar, uncooked rice, butter, vanilla extract, raisins, and nutmeg.
Mangoes are my son's favorite fruit, so I was ecstatic to incorporate them into a healthy dessert. In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar and salt. Gradually whisk hot scalded milk into egg mixture. You can have Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of half and half.
- You need 1/2 cup of uncooked long grain rice.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of ground cinnamon for garnish.
Stir in rice, raisins and vanilla. Pour into a greased quart casserole dish. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar and nutmeg; pour over. Nothing fancy is needed to make this classic dessert!
Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a saucepan, combine milk, rice, sugar and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish..
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Add vanilla; cover and bake for 15 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let stand 15 -20 minutes to set up and thicken. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Serve warm or chilled..
It adds a richness that is so worth it. Plus, it helps to thicken the pudding without having to cook it a ton. It requires just a handful of ingredients and dead-simple techniques. So why is it hard to make perfect rice pudding? When it comes to simple-yet-sublime desserts, it doesn't get much better than rice pudding.