Poor mans pot roast (stew meat). Created by Spanish Chef Javier De La Hormaza. Sold to top Restaurants in UK. Deals Everyday for Your Kitchen and Home.
Cut slits in roast and push in sections of fresh garlic. Pour mushroom soup over roast, pour Worcestershire sauce over that. Pot roast is a large piece of meat which is cooked in one piece and served in a little gravy of its own which keeps it moist and flavored. You can cook Poor mans pot roast (stew meat) using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Poor mans pot roast (stew meat)
- Prepare 10 medium of potatoes.
- You need 2 cup of carrots or baby carrots (optional).
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of stew meat.
- Prepare 1 large of onion (optional).
- You need 2 dash of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 dash of pepper.
- It’s 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of water.
Poor Man's Meal is probably my favorite comfort food in the entire world. Here is how you cook it. Ingredients of Poor mans pot roast (stew meat) Prepare of potatoes. It's of carrots or baby carrots (optional).
Poor mans pot roast (stew meat) instructions
- peel and cut potatoes into large. cubes like you would for a roast. each potato will be 6 to 8 chunks..
- place carrots and potatoes in a large soup pot with water filled over top place on medium heat. don't cook too high you don't want mushy potatoes..
- mix flour salt and pepper in a bowl ad stew meat and roll it around in the bowl.. while your coating the meat add a quarter of an inch of cooking oil in a frying pan and put it on a medium heat. once oil gets hot add your stew meat..
- keep cooking your potatoes n carrots while the meat is browning make sure you turn the meat… once meat is done take and drain almost all the water from the potatoes…leave about 2inches of water in the pot..
- after you remove the stew meat your going to add a little more cooking oil to your skillet making sure its about a quarter of an inch high then you take some of the flour(about a cup) you breaded your meat in and add it to the oil. make sure to stir it til it's thick and creamy..
- next slowly mix some water into the mixture make sure to stir the whole time.. pretty soon you will see cream gravy.. you may even have to add more water if it gets too thick as you want it to be the consistency of cream gravy… if it's too thin no worries just add a little milk.
- add the gravy to the potatoes mix well. add water til the ingredients are covered and mix.. it's ok if it looks runny.. turn pot to med low then cut onion into slivers and add.. once the pot starts to bubble turn on low heat.. cook til carrots are tender it takes about an hour.. you will want to stir occasionally and taste and add seasonings to your taste…
- you can make this in a crockpot also after you get potatoes carrots meat and gravy mix you can place in crock pot on low for about 3 hours…
- this is great served with sweet cornbread..
Poor mans pot roast (stew meat). Instant Pot Poor Mans Burnt Ends. You could spend six to eight hours smoking your meat outside in A wonderful side dish for Instant Pot Poor Man's Burnt Ends is my Instant Pot Best Macaroni Hi there! Could I adjust if stew meat is frozen – time and liquid, or avoid unless defrosted? We have a "poor man stew" recipe growing up but it's different than this.