brown butter snickerdoodle cookies. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
These incredible cookies will be your new go-to snickerdoodle recipe! Scrape down sides of the bowl as needed until butter and sugar are well mixed. Add eggs and vanilla extract, continue to beat until mixture is pale and thick. You can have brown butter snickerdoodle cookies using 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of brown butter snickerdoodle cookies
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of butter, unsalted.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of brown sugar, packed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of greek yogurt, plain.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cinnamon.
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place butter into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until butter gets a nutty brown color. It may take a few minutes. The cinnamon included in snickerdoodle dough lends even the simplest rendition of this cookie an inherent warmth — however, replacing a couple of sticks of softened butter with brown butter creates a level of toastiness you have to taste to understand.
brown butter snickerdoodle cookies instructions
- whisk together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt. set aside.
- melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. the butter will begin to foam. make sure you whisk constantly during this process.
- after a couple of minutes the butter will begin to brown on the bottom of the saucepan. continue to whisk and remove from heat as soon as the butter begins to brown and give off a nutty aroma. you want a rich brown color. immediately transfer the butter to a bowl to prevent burning. set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- with a mixer, mix butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup sugar until well mixed.
- add egg, yolk, vanilla, and yogurt. mix well.
- add dry ingredients slowly (1/4 cup at a time) and mix on low speed just until combined.
- chill dough for at least 3 hours in the fridge (important step).
- preheat oven to 350.
- once dough is chilled, measure about 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball.
- mix 1/4 cup sugar and 2 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl.
- roll dough balls into cinnamon sugar mixture.
- place balls on a cookie sheet.
- bake 8-11 minutes or until edges of cookies begin to turn golden brown (bake longer if you want crispier cookies).
- remove from oven and let cool on the sheet for 2 minutes.
- remove from sheet and set on wire rack to cool completely.
- enjoy :).
To brown the butter, use a small saucepan, and cut the butter into pieces. Melt the butter over medium heat and allow it to boil and bubble. Once it's starts boiling, stir it frequently and it will slowly start to turn an amber color and releases a nutty aroma. Brown Butter Snickerdoodles are made with golden brown butter simmered on the stove, dark brown sugar to make them extra chewy and give that extra depth of flavor, and sugar to add that nice, crispy edge. Browning butter is a huge game changer in these Snickerdoodle cookies.