Cheesy Meatball Sub. DIRECTIONS COOMBINE spaghetti sauce, water, Parmesan cheese and meatballs in large skillet. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
You can make and freeze meatballs ahead, or even buy good quality meatballs and keep them in the freezer ready for this recipe. What makes these true Cheesy Meatball Sub Sandwich, is the melted sliced mozzarella cheese. Loaded with cheese & lashings of gravy. You can have Cheesy Meatball Sub using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Meatball Sub
- It’s 2 of hoagie buns.
- You need 11 ounces of beef meatballs I used frozen.
- Prepare 2-1/2 tablespoons of sautéed onions see my recipe.
- You need 1 tablespoon of pork belly drippings.
- Prepare 14 ounces of marinara sauce your favorite.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar loose packed.
- Prepare As needed of pickled Cucumber slices.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sharp provolone cheese chunks.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of shredded colby jack cheese.
- Prepare As needed of mayonnaise.
Loaded with cheese & lashings of gravy "This gorgeous comfort food dish is super-easy to put together and delivers big on the flavour front. You end up with a mega tray of oozy cheese-topped meatballs in thick, delicious gravy, ready to be spooned into warm subs. There'll be enough of that amazing. Remove the meatballs from the oven and place them into the slow cooker with spaghetti sauce.
Cheesy Meatball Sub step by step
- Heat the meatballs in a pan with pork belly drippings. Let them cook 5 minutes covered..
- Add the marinara sauce simmer for 10 minutes covered..
- Add the dark brown sugar..
- Add the butter to a pan then fry the buns.
- When fried add mayonnaise and Cucumbers.
- Add the meatballs, and onions..
- Top with cheeses and put into the broiler till toasted.
- Almost done now just add a little more marinara sauce..
- Ready to serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Add a layer of Mozzarella cheese to the bottom of the sub roll. Lightly spray a large cookie sheet, you might need two, with cooking spray. Combine the meatballs and marinara sauce in a small pan and heat over medium heat. Split the sub rolls in half and then place onto a baking sheet. Spread lightly with butter and sprinkle garlic salt on top.