Cheesy Meatball Sub. DIRECTIONS COOMBINE spaghetti sauce, water, Parmesan cheese and meatballs in large skillet. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
You can make and freeze meatballs ahead, or even buy good quality meatballs and keep them in the freezer ready for this recipe. What makes these true Cheesy Meatball Sub Sandwich, is the melted sliced mozzarella cheese. Loaded with cheese & lashings of gravy. You can cook Cheesy Meatball Sub using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Meatball Sub
- Prepare of hoagie buns.
- You need of beef meatballs I used frozen.
- Prepare of sautéed onions see my recipe.
- It’s of pork belly drippings.
- Prepare of marinara sauce your favorite.
- It’s of dark brown sugar loose packed.
- Prepare of pickled Cucumber slices.
- You need of sharp provolone cheese chunks.
- Prepare of shredded colby jack cheese.
- It’s of mayonnaise.
Loaded with cheese & lashings of gravy "This gorgeous comfort food dish is super-easy to put together and delivers big on the flavour front. You end up with a mega tray of oozy cheese-topped meatballs in thick, delicious gravy, ready to be spooned into warm subs. There'll be enough of that amazing. Remove the meatballs from the oven and place them into the slow cooker with spaghetti sauce.
Cheesy Meatball Sub instructions
- Heat the meatballs in a pan with pork belly drippings. Let them cook 5 minutes covered..
- Add the marinara sauce simmer for 10 minutes covered..
- Add the dark brown sugar..
- Add the butter to a pan then fry the buns.
- When fried add mayonnaise and Cucumbers.
- Add the meatballs, and onions..
- Top with cheeses and put into the broiler till toasted.
- Almost done now just add a little more marinara sauce..
- Ready to serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Add a layer of Mozzarella cheese to the bottom of the sub roll. Lightly spray a large cookie sheet, you might need two, with cooking spray. Place loaves onto a lined baking tray. Divide meatballs and remaining sauce between loaves and top with cheese. It's so easy to enjoy this classic sub in casserole form!