Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup. Stir hash browns, ham, Cheddar cheese, onion, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and butter in a large bowl; season with salt and black pepper. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Cheesy Potatoes and Ham Esther Yoder combines leftover ham with canned soup, cheese and a few other ingredients to make this mashed potato-topped casserole. "My family loves it," notes the Millersburg, Ohio reader.
Sprinkle half the Cheddar cheese and half the Monterey Jack cheese on top. Pour in half the sauce from the skillet. Repeat layering the remaining potatoes, ham, cheeses, and sauce, ending with a layer of cheese and sauce. You can have Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup
- It’s of Veggies.
- You need 3 of potatoes, peeled & diced.
- It’s 2 cup of chopped broccoli – I used florets.
- It’s of meat.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped ham.
- It’s of Dairy.
- Prepare 3 cup of Shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 2 cup of Milk or Heavy Cream- I used 2% to lighten this recipe up.
- It’s 5 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 5 tbsp of flour.
- You need 4 cup of chicken broth.
- You need of Seasonings.
- Prepare of Pepper, garlic, onion powder- I omitted salt due to the ham. If u choose to not use ham or meat, salt may be needed.
In large bowl, mix potatoes, onion and ham; spoon into slow cooker. Mix all of the ingredients into a large bowl. Easter and Christmas leftover ham is baked in a cheesy casserole with potatoes and a simple cream sauce. Your family is sure to love this leftover makeover.
Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup instructions
- Peel & cut up Potatoes to desired size, then toss in your crockpot.
- Melt butter in large pot or Dutch oven, then add flour. This needs to be on med-high & stir constantly.
- Flour will appear chunky & clumpy. Perfect! Fry 4-6min, still stirring!.
- Now you need to add 3 cups of HOT chicken broth & whisk whisk whisk that flour! Then add 1 & 1/2 cups of the milk or cream. Reserve the other 1 cup of broth & 1/2cup milk.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes once it's cooked about 10min on medium. Then add the cut ham, over mixture.
- Add cut up broccoli to crockpot. I used remaining milk & broth to make sure broccoli was covered with liquid. Stir mix & cover. Low4-6hrs, High 2-3..
- Add cheese during the last 30min. I did 2 heaping cupfuls, then added the rest to each bowl. Yum!.
DIRECTIONS Combine potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, ham, and water/broth in stockpot and bring to boil. Then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender. Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt (if using), and pepper. In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.