Kadahi chicken (My first recipe). Kadai chicken recipe – Also called as chicken karahi – Learn to make the best delicious kadai chicken recipe with step by step pictures. Kadai chicken is almost there on most Indian restaurant menus & is made differently in each place. The recipe shared here is roughly adapted from the popular chefs.
Here's a simple recipe that will help you prepare this dish at home. Take a non-stick pan and roast the coriander seeds, once the seeds start crackling, remove and crush them thoroughly and keep it aside. Mix chicken with ginger garlic paste, Kashmiri red chilli powder, salt and lemon juice in a bowl. You can cook Kadahi chicken (My first recipe) using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kadahi chicken (My first recipe)
- You need of Chicken – (preferred with bone ).
- You need of Cloves.
- Prepare of Bay leaf.
- Prepare of Coriander powder.
- It’s of Cardamom powder.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Red chilli.
- You need of Onion -(purried).
- You need of Tomato- (purried).
- Prepare of Kasuri methi.
- You need of Cream or malai – (optional).
- You need of Ginger.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- You need of Curd.
- It’s of Onion (cut three of them in cubes ).
- Prepare of Tomato.
- It’s of capsicum.
- You need of Oil.
- You need of Jeera powder.
- You need of Meat masala.
- It’s of Jeera powder.
- You need of Dry red chilli.
Dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, black peppercorn and dry red chillies on medium low heat until they are browned and fragrant. When the oil turns hot, add ¾ cup cubed capsicum and ½ cup cubed onions. Cover the plate/bowl with a cling wrap and set it aside for ½ hour The distinct aroma of capsicum and the mild spicy flavored gravy of Kadai Chicken are simply enticing. Kadai Chicken goes well with naan, roti, chappathi and almost all rice based dishes.
Kadahi chicken (My first recipe) instructions
- Marinate chicken with curd,salt,red chilli and meat masala for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a wok,add bay leaf,cloves, let it sputter. Then add garlic saute it,add onion paste saute it till turn brown,now add ginger and pureed tomatoes saute it now add -salt,red chilli,haldi,cardamom powder saute it until the masala leaves oil..
- Now add marinated chicken,saute it on high flame till 5 to 10 minutes..
- Add 3/4 to 1 cup water,give one boil and cover with lid and keep on low flame till done..
- In another wok, add little ghee 2dry red chilli, add all the cubed vegetables let it little tender then season with salt, red chilli,and meat masala and pour these over the chicken..
- Lastly add crushed methi..
- It's ready to eat..serve hot..