Cilantro Chili Lime Smoked Chicken Thighs. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Cilantro Chili Lime Smoked Chicken Thighs Troy Dye. My wife loves cilantro-lime anything, so I came up with this recipe, and "Wow!
Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs – This is truly the most AMAZING zesty cilantro-lime marinade ever. And the chicken comes out perfectly juicy and tender. Because these cilantro lime chicken thighs cannot wait for this Chicago warm weather everyone has been promising this LA native. You can cook Cilantro Chili Lime Smoked Chicken Thighs using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cilantro Chili Lime Smoked Chicken Thighs
- You need 4 of bone-in chicken thighs with skin (this recipe doubles easily).
- You need 1 cup of lime juice (bottled is good, fresh is better).
- You need 1/2 cup of avocado oil.
- It’s 2 tbs of minced garlic (I used from a jar).
- It’s 1/2 of medium onion (cut into large chunks).
- It’s 1 of medium yellow bell pepper (seeded and cut into large chunks).
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño pepper, seeded and quartered.
- You need 1 bunch of fresh cilantro.
- It’s of Lawry's Casero Chili Lime Seasoning (or other chili lime seas.).
Boneless chicken thighs take on amazing cilantro and lime flavor in. In a large bowl, whisk the lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, olive oil, garlic, and spices. Add the chicken and combine until the chicken is coated in the marinade. Heat a grill or heavy-duty pan to medium-high heat and lightly oil it.
Cilantro Chili Lime Smoked Chicken Thighs instructions
- In a gallon ziploc bag, combine lime juice, avocado oil, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, garlic, 4 sprigs of cilantro, coarsely chopped or torn, and 2-3 tbs of chili lime seasoning. Mix well..
- Add chicken thighs and mix around in marinade to coat thoroughly. Close the bag most of the way and carefully squeeze the bag to remove most of the air. Close bag and refrigerate overnight if possible or at least 2 hours. Mix thighs around in marinade a few times during the process..
- Preheat pellet grill to 170-180° and set smoke to desired smoke setting. I set mine at 8 on 1-10 scale..
- Remove thighs from marinade and place on multiple layers of paper towels. Use more paper towels to pat the top and remove as much marinade as possible. The drier the skin, the better is will crisp in the final cook..
- Brush skin side with light coat of avocado oil for seasoning to adhere. Apply a generous dusting of chili lime seasoning. It does have a kick, so use you best judgement, depending on your taste preference..
- Once grill is ready, place thighs on upper grate, skin side up and at least 2" apart. Smoke until internal temp hits about 145°. Remove from grill..
- Increase grill temp setting to 400°. Once temp reaches at least 380°, place thighs back on grill and cook until internal temp hits 165-180° (depending on your preferred level of doneness)..
- Cook skin side down in the last few minutes for crisper skin. Be careful not to overcook the skin..
- Always be careful when cooking chicken thighs – they have a lot of grease and tend to have flare-ups at high heat. Do not leave grill unattended in final cooking step, and be prepared to pull chicken off quickly in the event of a flare-up..
- Serve hot with your favorite Mexican sides, and enjoy!.
Put the cilantro, garlic, jalapenos, olive oil, lime juice, cumin, salt, and pepper in food processor. Blend until a thick paste forms. Place the marinade and chicken thighs in a Ziploc bag and refrigerate overnight. Grilled Chili Lime Chicken This Grilled Chili Lime Chicken is up there on our weekly menu rotation all year long. Bright flavors of lime, chili powder, green chile, and fresh cilantro make the most delicious marinade.