Refried Beans – Quick Stovetop Recipe. Great discounts and savings on top home brands. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Add salt, cumin, chili powder and bay leaves.
Mash your own refried beans or put a can to good use in Mexican-style recipes such as quesadillas, burritos and enchiladas. Add the garlic, chili powder and cumin. By cooking the beans with aromatics, they become extra tasty. You can cook Refried Beans – Quick Stovetop Recipe using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Refried Beans – Quick Stovetop Recipe
- It’s 2 tbsp. of butter, divided.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 1 of jalapeno, seeds removed and diced (optional).
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 cans of (each 15 oz.) pinto beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted chicken or veggie broth.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of chipotle chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of oregano.
- Prepare of Juice from 1/2 lime.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp. of pepper.
When you're ready to cook, drain the beans and add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Next, drain the bean liquid and reserve. Traditionally refried beans are made by cooking dry pinto beans for hours on the stovetop or a slow cooker. Once the beans are tender, they are drained of the excess liquid and added to a hot pan with some kind of fat, usually lard.
Refried Beans – Quick Stovetop Recipe step by step
- In a medium saucepan, melt 1 tbsp. of the butter over med-high heat. Once its melted, add the onion and jalapeno (if using). Cook, stirring often, until they're softened, about 5 minutes. Then stir in the garlic and cook until it's fragrant..
- Stir in the beans, broth, chili powder, cumin and oregano and let this mixture come up to a simmer. Once it begins to bubble, let it simmer for about 5 or so minutes, then remove the pan from the heat. Either use a masher to roughly mash the beans, or use a food processor for a smoother consistency..
- Once the beans are mashed, season with the lime juice, salt and pepper. Then stir in the additional tbsp. of butter until it's all melted and incorporated in. That's it! Serve it up with some yummy toppings..
Some recipes call for some onion, garlic, or spices as well. Turn the heat on LOW……and gently warm the beans, stirring often. Refried Beans – Quick Stovetop Recipe instructions. Once its melted, add the onion and jalapeno (if using). Then stir in the garlic and cook until it's fragrant.