Southwestern style eggrolls. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Looking For Egg Recipes? Dice chicken and mix into the pan with onion and red pepper. Mix in corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
Description The Best Southwest Chicken Egg Rolls are a colorful combination of golden corn, black beans, red bell peppers, jalapeños, shredded cheese and tender bites of chicken with a sweet and spicy southwest seasoning all wrapped up in an egg roll wrapper. These won't last long at your next party! Small flour tortillas are stuffed with an exciting blend of Southwestern-style ingredients, then deep fried until golden brown. You can cook Southwestern style eggrolls using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Southwestern style eggrolls
- It’s 1 lb of Ground beef/turkey.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of -2 red/yellow bell peppers, chopped.
- Prepare 1 can of corn, drained.
- It’s 1 can of Diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of Black beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 packages of taco seasoning.
- You need 1/2 of of enchilada sauce recipe. see step 1 for recipe..
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 packages of egg roll wrappers.
- It’s of frying oil.
- You need of olive oil.
Southwestern style eggrolls Alicia Hamilton Washington. Keep your egg rolls crispy by letting them cool completely, uncovered, on a wire rack. Store them in the refrigerator in a lidded container lined with paper towels. Directions In a large bowl combine chicken, tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeno, black beans, and corn.
Southwestern style eggrolls instructions
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan on stove..
- Add chopped onion and peppers and saute until soft..
- Add meat and brown. Carefully drain. Add water and taco seasoning and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer until water is almost gone..
- Add corn,tomatoes, and beans. Mix well and add enchilada sauce..
- Cook until heated through and slightly thickened..
- Remove from heat and add cilantro. Let cool slightly..
- Heat frying pan on medium – medium high and add frying oil..
- Lay an eggroll wrapper on a flat surface and add 2-3 spoonfuls of meat mixture diagonally in the center. Fold burrito style. You can seal the seams with water so they hold better..
- Repeat until all the wrappers and/or meat mixture is gone..
- Fry the eggrolls in the hot oil, flipping once to brown both sides. Lay on paper towels to drain excess grease when done..
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, or whatever else you like..
Season with chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Lay an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in. Chilis Southwest Egg Rolls are a great take on their Asian-inspired cousin. These are made with crispy flour tortillas, perfectly seasoned chicken, black beans, corn, jalapeño Jack cheese, and more. Don't forget to dip these in the Avocado Ranch dressing.