Mashed maple sweet potatoes. Hundreds Of Different Retro Hampers & Gifts To Choose From. From Gourmet Food Hampers To Retro Sweet Hampers, Order Your Perfect Hamper Today! Remove skins and add cooked potatoes to a mixing bowl and mash until potatoes reach desired creaminess.
Add potatoes to saucepan; mash potatoes with syrup mixture, using electric mixer on medium speed, until light and fluffy. Steam the sweet potato with the fresh thyme until a knife can easily be inserted. Place the steamed sweet potatoes, butter and cream in a large bowl then mash until smooth. You can have Mashed maple sweet potatoes using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mashed maple sweet potatoes
- It’s 4 of large sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 c of softened butter.
- Prepare 1 c of heavy cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 c of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 c of maple syrup.
- You need 1 c of chopped pecans.
- It’s 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- It’s 1/4 c of chopped pecans.
Season to taste with maple syrup, salt and pepper and add the time. Pierce each sweet potato several times with a fork and place in a baking pan or on a rimmed baking sheet. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. While the sweet potatoes bake, melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
Mashed maple sweet potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×11 baking dish..
- Skin and chop sweet potatoes into small cubes. Steam the sweet potatoes until soft..
- Mash the warm sweet potatoes with the butter, cream, vanilla, brown sugar, salt, 1/2 c maple syrup, 1 c chopped pecans and eggs..
- Spread mashed sweet potato into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tbsp maple syrup and 1/4 c pecans..
- Bake sweet potatoes in preheated oven until heated through, about 30-35 minutes..
Add the maple syrup, milk, salt and pepper. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in half and scoop the flesh out into the butter mixture. Mash with a potato masher or fork. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. See recipes for Vickys Sweet Potato Pie, GF DF EF SF NF too.