Monkey bread. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Leave in the tin until just warm. In a small bowl, stir together caster sugar with cinnamon.
Put the flour into a large bowl or a kitchen mixer with a dough hook, add the sugar and salt and mix to combine. Monkey bread (also known by other names including pull-apart bread and bubble bread) is a soft, sweet, sticky pastry served in the United States for breakfast or as a treat. It consists of pieces of soft baked dough sprinkled with cinnamon. You can cook Monkey bread using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Monkey bread
- It’s of milk.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of chopped pecans.
- It’s of margarine.
- Prepare of cinnamon.
- Prepare of frozen biscuits.
It is often served at fairs and festivals. Refrigerated biscuits with cinnamon bake in a tube pan. If you don't live in North America, you may not have heard of Monkey Bread. It is a sweet and sticky soft cinnamon bread.
Monkey bread instructions
- Pull apart bread: Combine the following ingredients and pour in bottom of bundt pan: 1/2 cup of milk, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts..
- Melt 1 stick of butter and set aside in a separate bowl.
- In another bowl combine 1 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cinnamon. Using three cans regular size biscuits, dip each in butter then cinnamon sugar mixture. Place in bundt pan layering until all the biscuits are used. I like to cut in quarters with scissors..
- For any leftover margarine or butter, pour mixture over top.
- Bake at 350F for 30 to 40 minutes. Carefully turn out onto serving platter. Serve warm.
It's name comes from the idea of it being a bread that is picked apart using your fingers as monkeys would. The top will be golden brown and the cheese bubbling. Serve as a centrepiece starter or accompaniment to a meal. Martha's tips To have this ready in time for breakfast, begin. Monkey bread is an indulgent treat that's made by rolling balls of dough in cinnamon sugar, then placing them in a pan and pouring on a sticky, gooey glaze made with butter and brown sugar.