Braised Chicken With Artichokes and Olives. Preparation Pat the chicken dry and season salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or heavy soup pot over medium-high. Add the chicken, chickpeas, artichoke hearts,.
Stir in the remaining tablespoon of lemon juice. Taste; you may want to add another squeeze of lemon juice or pinch of salt. Braised Chicken with Artichokes and Olives. You can cook Braised Chicken With Artichokes and Olives using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Braised Chicken With Artichokes and Olives
- It’s 2 of Lemons.
- You need 4 of medium artichokes, about 1 1/2 pounds (I used 3 12 oz cans for this recipe).
- You need 3 1/2 pounds of bone in chicken pieces.
- You need 2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of Large Onion, quartered.
- You need 2 tablespoons of extravirgin olive oil, more as.
- Prepare of needed.
- You need 4-5 of garlic cloves, smashed and peeled.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- It’s Pinch of red pepper flakes.
- You need 3/4 cup of dry white wine.
- It’s 1/3 cup of pitted olives, halved (use black, green.
- It’s of or a mix).
- It’s 2 of large rosemary branches.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter.
- You need of Chives or mint leaves, for garnish (optional).
Braised Chicken with Olives and Artichokes. Add the chickpeas, artichoke hearts, and olives and stir gently to combine. Brown the chicken in batches as crowding the pan will cause the chicken to steam and not brown. Transfer the chicken thighs to a baking dish.
Braised Chicken With Artichokes and Olives step by step
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Pat the chicken dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper. In a large (12 inch) ovenproof skillet with a lid (or a large pot). Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and sear in batches until well browned, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate..
- Add artichokes, onion and garlic to pan, adding more oil if needed, and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and red pepper flakes; cook 1 minute more..
- Pour in wine and stir in olives, rosemary branches and grated zest of 1/2 lemon (do not discard after zesting). Return chicken to pan. Bring liquid to a simmer..
- Cover pan and transfer to oven. Cook until chicken is tender, 30 to 35 minutes (check white meat after 25 minutes and remove from oven if done). Transfer chicken to a plate and place skillet over medium-high heat. Simmer until pan juices thicken and become sauce like, about 3 to 5 minutes. Whisk in butter..
- Squeeze juice of remaining lemon half over pan and serve garnished with chives or mint if you like. Serve with rice because the sauce is really good!.
Scatter the artichokes hearts (not the brine), olives, garlic, lemon slices and thyme sprigs over the chicken. Pour off the fat from browning the chicken, but save the browned bits at the bottom of the pan. In a dutch oven heat the oil over medium-high until shimmering. Braised Chicken with Artichokes and Olives. Artichokes enhance health, as they stimulate the gallbladder to produce bile, which escorts toxins out of the body and also helps break down fats in the diet.