Pork Pot Roast. Melt the butter in a flameproof casserole dish over a medium heat, add the pork and brown well on all sides. Remove the pork and add the swede, carrot and. Heat an appropriately sized casserole-type pan, add a lug of olive oil and sweat the onions and garlic gently until soft.
Roast pork shoulder with the perfect crackling gets a Hairy Bikers' Med makeover with smoky Spanish spices. Serve with simple potatoes and the tasty pan juices. Season the roast very generously with salt and pepper, and then dust lightly with the flour. You can cook Pork Pot Roast using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork Pot Roast
- You need of Browning.
- You need 2 1/2 lb of Pork Roast.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need of Sea Salt.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- You need of Baste.
- It’s 1 cup of hot water.
- You need 1 envelope of Lipton Onion Soup (dry).
- You need of Fixins.
- You need 2 each of Celery Stalks, chopped.
- You need 2 medium of yellow onions, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of Baby carrots.
- Prepare 4 medium of Yukon gold potato, diced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need of Seasonings.
- Prepare of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare of smoked paprika.
Put a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, and then add the olive oil. Rub the spice mix all over the pork roast to thoroughly coat. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, then cook and stir the shallots and elephant garlic until the garlic becomes lightly golden brown. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
Pork Pot Roast instructions
- Heat a medium skillet with vegetable oil on medium high heat.
- Sprinkle sea salt and pepper on all sides of the pork roast..
- Brown the pork lightly on all four sides.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a Dutch oven or roasting pan mix the hot water and lipton Onion soup.
- Now that the pork is lightly browned set it in the soup mix..
- Prep your veggies: carrots, onion, potato, celery, garlic..
- Sprinkle some Italian seasoning and smoked paprika on top of the pork.
- Drop the prepped vegetables around the roast, ending with the onions on top..
- Place the lid on the pot and cook for 45 minute's..
- Remove from oven and baste the roast thoroughly with the liquids.
- Place back in oven and cook for 45 minute's to 60 minute's or until internal temperature reaches recommended 145°F. (I went to 160f).
- Let rest for 3 minute's..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Place red onions in bottom of. Pot-roasting is an easy all-in-one method of cooking meat and vegetables, which will result in a tender, flavoursome dish. Try recipes such as pot-roast beef, chicken and guinea fowl. Place the trivet into the pot and lay the pork roast on top of the trivet. Cover the pot, lock on the lid, and make sure the valve is set to sealing.