Sweet n sour sauce (base recipe). For an orange-ginger sweet and sour sauce, do not add the potato starch slurry at the beginning. Heat oil in a saucepan add the garlic and chilli powder and cook until garlic is browned. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan excluding the cornflour.
This Simple Sweet 'N Sour Sauce Recipe has one step, literally. Cook over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly. Pour over chicken, meatballs, smoked sausage, veggies, etc. You can have Sweet n sour sauce (base recipe) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet n sour sauce (base recipe)
- It’s of veg or chicken stock.
- Prepare of light soy sauce.
- Prepare of ketchup.
- Prepare of cider viniger.
- You need of orange juice.
- It’s of star anise.
- It’s of minced garlic.
- It’s of crushed ginger.
- It’s of shredded carrot.
- It’s of light soft brown sugar.
- You need of dry chilli flakes.
- Prepare of 5 spice.
- You need of small sweet pepper, sliced.
- Prepare of cornflour to thicken (optional, see steps).
It's literally just a dump and mix job. Place cornstarch, water, cider vinegar, sugar, ketchup and soy sauce in a saucepan, then whisk and bring to heat and it will thicken in just a few minutes. And this is what you'll get – a beautiful glossy, shiny homemade Sweet and Sour Sauce. Add water, vinegar, pineapple juice, ketchup and sugar into a pan.
Sweet n sour sauce (base recipe) instructions
- Chuck all in a sauce pan one at a time stirring to the boil..
- Either reduce to consistency, or thicken with corn flour. (reducing gives stronger flavour).
- Remove star anise before serving..
- REMEMBER MY TITLE SAYS BASE!!, I normally play not weigh, so I've increased the amount I've made and tried to weigh as I went, make your own tweeks to suit your tastes. Pineapple goes well as an additional sweetener..
Coat the chicken in the cornflour and add to the pan. Stir-fry for four minutes until very lightly coloured on all sides. Add the pineapple and sweet and sour sauce to the pan with the chicken and. From sweet and sour chicken to pork, try our delicious sweet and sour recipes that can be ready in less time than it takes for a delivery to arrive. Sweet and sour chicken by The Hairy Bikers Peel the onion and garlic and chop.