Easy Bread Rolls. Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a long sausage shape. Halve the dough, then divide each half into four pieces, so you have eight equal-sized portions. Roll each into a tight ball and put on a dusted baking tray, leaving some room between each ball for rising.
Using a wooden spoon, mix to form a soft dough. Combine the flour, yeast, salt and caster sugar in a large bowl. I like to mix the mixture with a regular knife. You can have Easy Bread Rolls using 7 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Bread Rolls
- It’s 1/2 kg of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 300 ml of luke warm water.
- It’s 7 grams of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 of small egg (for glazing purposes only).
Wet the fingers of one hand, slide your fingertips between the bowl and the dough and fold the dough in half. Turn the bowl a quarter turn, and repeat until you have removed all of the air and it is noticeably smoother. Mix flour, yeast, sugar and salt together in a big bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingers until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Easy Bread Rolls instructions
- Mix the dry ingredients together with the help of a fork in a large bowl.
- Make a space in the middle of the bowl to add the olive oil.
- Add the water slowly to your mix and mix them using your hand.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and Keep mixing the dough for 10 minutes using both hands.
- Place the dough in a bowl sprayed with some oil.
- Cover the dough with nylon and a wet towel and leave it for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 220 celcius.
- Mix the dough for few minutes before you divide it for 8 parts.
- You can shape it into small rolls or braids.
- You can brush it with egg using a kitchen brush.
- Place it on a tray covered with baking sheet.
- Let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes before it goes to the oven.
- It goes in to the oven for 12 to15 minutes on 220 celcius.
- Once baked take it out of the oven and cover it with dry tea towel to absorb moisture.
- Enjoy it while its warm with some butter or any other spread.
Cut in the water with a steel blade spatula and bring everything together in the bowl. An absolute must for a great burger, a lunchbox or alongside a bowl of steaming soup, the bread roll is a great way to start baking. Try the Hairy Bikers' easy white rolls or go for Gallic crunch. Remove from the oven and immediately brush with melted butter. Make ahead and freezing instructions Make the soft bread rolls Line a baking tray with baking paper.