Paneer fried rice. Paneer fried rice is one of the QUICK and EASY weeknight dinners around! This is the homemade version of Indian Chinese style restaurant version. Other than making as a weeknight dinner, this can be packed into kids' or adult's lunch box.
Cool down the rice by either fluffing it gently or inverting over a plate. How to make paneer fried rice Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic. Paneer fried rice made with basmati rice, soft paneer and assorted vegetables, flavored with soy sauce. You can cook Paneer fried rice using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Paneer fried rice
- You need of To marinate and roast paneer.
- Prepare 250 g of paneer.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare of Salt as required.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil to roast paneer.
- You need of To make fried rice.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of basmati rice.
- You need 1 tbsp of + 2 tbsp oil.
- You need 1/2 of onion medium sliced (sweet onion will give more taste).
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies.
- It’s 1 of capsicum sliced.
- It’s 8 of spring onion stems chopped (Separate white part and green part).
- It’s 1/4 of cabbage sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of soya sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s of Salt as required.
Learn how to make this Indian meal with a Chinese twist. Paneer fried rice, as the name suggests, is a variant of fried rice that involves addition of paneer cubes. Well for this dish, we do not need a full veg fried rice as we will be adding paneer, but then I took it up a notch and added a few vegetables for extra crunchiness. Transfer the paneer into a mixing bowl.
Paneer fried rice step by step
- Marinate paneer with all the ingredients under marinate section and keep it aside for 15 mins. Fry it in oil for 2-3 mins..
- Soak rice for 15 to 30 mins. Bring lot of water to boil and add rice along with 1 tbsp oil. Cook it until it's done. Takes 5-7 mins in medium to high flame. Do not overcook..
- Heat a pan with oil. Add ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Sauté until raw smell goes. Add onion and sauté for 2 mins. Add capsicum and sauté for 2 mins. Add cabbage and white part of spring onion and sauté for few mins. Add red chilli powder, salt, pepper, soya sauce, tomato ketchup, vinegar and sauté until raw smell goes. Add rice, paneer, green part of spring onion and sauté until everything gets mixed..
- Serve with tomato ketchup!.
Drizzle this spiced oil over the paneer and toss to coat with the spices. Cut the paneer pieces into very small cubes and toast it with a tsp of oil in a dosa tawa. Drain in tissue papper and set aside. Spread it in a plate and fluff it up with a fork add a tsp of oil and let it cool down. The secret of making restaurant like paneer fried rice at home lies in using moisture free cooked rice because moisture in freshly made steamed rice will cause it to steam instead of fry.