Chocolate Crunch Layer Cake. Your favourite restaurants and takeaways available on Deliveroo. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
This cake is an easy chocolate cake that is very moist and flavorful. The frosting is a highlight of the cake with its creamy smooth chocolate flavor. Top with a layer of the chocolate crunch chunks. You can cook Chocolate Crunch Layer Cake using 15 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Crunch Layer Cake
- It’s of FOR CAKE.
- You need 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- You need 1 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3 of large eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need of FROSTING.
- It’s 1 of recipe Chocolate Ganache Buttercream Frosting, recipe attached in direction step # 10.
- Prepare of GARNISH.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white chocolate sprinkles.
Top with the remaining cake and a layer of frosting. Using an offset or icing spatula, apply the remaining frosting to the sides of the cake and decorate as desired. Press the remaining chocolate crunch pieces into the sides and top of the cake. This layered cake is pure chocolate confection.
Chocolate Crunch Layer Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 4 – 8 inch cake pans with baking spray.
- Whisk in a bowl flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time, beating after each egg, beat in vannilla. Beat in flour mixture aternating with buttermilk just until smooth.
- Divide batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean. Cool in pans on racks for 15 minutes. Then remove from pans and cool completely.
- MAKE CRUNCH COATING.
- Take 1 layer of the cake and crumble it into coarse crumbs. Place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake crumbs in 350 oven just until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally, about 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely. Pulse in a food processor to make coarse crumbs.
- FROST CAKE. Place one layer of cake on serving plate.
- Frost with Chocolate Ganache Buttercream Frosting, recipe attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347899-chocolate-ganache-buttercream-frosting.
- Top with second layer of cake and frost that.
- Put final third layer on and frost top and sides of cake.
- Apply crunch coating. Put cake on its serving plate on a parchment paper lined work surface.
- The parchment is to catch the crumbs that will end up everywhere without it! Scoop handfuls of crumbs and. Press all over sides and top of cake,sweep away excess crumbs with a pastry brush from base of plate. Pour all excess crumbs off of parchment by picking paper up and funneling crumbs off..
- Garnish with white chocolate sprinkles. It's best to alow cake to chill 30 minutes so crumbs can really stick well.
Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ chocolate cake mix gets an extra chocolaty plus-up from the addition of chocolate pudding before baking. A from-scratch dangerously good dark chocolate buttercream frosting covers the three layers of cake. The special addition that takes this dessert to the next level? For the chocolate in the cake and in the frosting I use Ghirardelli. It tasted off, like I burnt it but it may have just been the chocolate, I don't know.